• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Its an amazing state ...I can't say I love the growing season here in flag but 30minutes away in sedona and your in a totally different climate (think they are zone 7b we are 5b).

That's why I bought the greenhouse though!

Other then that its awesome.Come on out!

The medical scene is pretty lax too

OZZZ said:
Right on.. Ill give it a go. The height isnt anything Im after either I just was worried they might grow to tall in there if given a ginormous container like you have. I can always just trim them down if they get to tall which should allow them to bush out more which is fine.

Looks like Im gonna be rollin' on 20's ... lol

Rollin' with 20 gals ...

...........rollin' in 20 gallons .... eh ... I give up - Im no thug.

Thanks again for the input!

me thinks with the added weight of fruit, the plant doesnt really get any higher at a certain point - the branches are forced to bend laterally and it gets wider rather than taller

cheers
al

pd: would be super if you could do a comparison of the same seeds in 5/10/20gal felt containers to be able to gauge the above mentioned point of marginal return

I second Al's suggestion! Do a comparison for all us pepper heads so we can put container vs production threads to rest once and for all lol.

We cross posted I think... I have not seen the cactus guy! Didnt even know about it .. wheres he at on 89? Is it on 89A between Sedona and Flag or on 89 between Sedona and cottonwood/prescott??

Did I read somewhere that if it's raining it does no good to use the tea or something like that? I was planning to use the tea tonight but it's been raining all day. Think I might just have to do the roots and leave spraying the plants down for the next time. I'd put it off for another day but with the Tropical depression off shore we're going to be getting rained on the rest of the week. Any thoughts?

Foliar spraying is pretty useless if it is raining unless it is a steady straight down rain.  If so spray under the leaves, but a soil drench would still be beneficial.

The cactus dude is just before Jerome. Some cool stuff indeed.

Aact can be used whenever. I'm sure there is some logical validity to the theory in that some critters get washed out, but not enough for me to hold off during rain. :)

coheed196 said:
Hey Rich, thought you might find this useful:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262977
Good ol DIY air pruning pots. Mainly the dimensions are why I posted this for ya, I know you know how to make them but the dimensions were super helpful to me. Anyways, if you have already seen it then feel free to slap me.
Plants and everything going are looking fantastic
 Yep. Seen that when armac linked to it in the other thread. Id sew instead of using liquid nails. Also I like the circle bottom designs better. Just a different way to get them done. Good link! 
armac said:
want a cookie? :)

MGOLD86 said:
+1, just bookmarked it.  May have to give it a shot.
I'm going to try it for sure...my best friend has a masters degree in material engineering and works at the local university, well I told him about it and he can order me a huge roll of non woven polypropylene through his job and I won't have to pay a dime!!! Can we say score!

coheed196 said:
I'm going to try it for sure...my best friend has a masters degree in material engineering and works at the local university, well I told him about it and he can order me a huge roll of non woven polypropylene through his job and I won't have to pay a dime!!! Can we say score!

those can be had for pennies per linear foot here in home improvement stores

coheed196 said:

Would that we all had a friend like that :)

Al-from-Chile said:

those can be had for pennies per linear foot here in home improvement stores
Definitely not here, well you can get rolls of weed blocking fabric (which is the same material) for cheap but it's not heavy enough to hold up as a pot, the heavier stuff is fairly pricey here
RocketMan said:

Would that we all had a friend like that :)
Yea i got lucky on that one.

Sorry Rich, didn't mean to hijack your thread

Back