• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's Garden - Traveling the World in Search of Peppers

Just starting this glog now so it's one less thing to do in a few months when I'm knee deep in compost and getting things in the ground.

Not much to report at the moment. Strains yet to be determined, but I'll probably end up growing too many like always...lol

Only thing that's going on right now is a clean back patio and the chickens doing their part turning over my compost pile on the daily. Intersted in seeing how the soil microbes appreciate the added chicken poop!

12160459874_edc8a4473f_b.jpg

12160725676_2031da1016_b.jpg

Hope everyone has had a decent winter so far and here's to happy germination!

12161422126_10d10e2e41_z.jpg

EDIT UPDATE: This glog has turned into an ongoing overwintering, greenhouse and soil building how-to!

Your grow is amazing as always. Regardless of what you learned this week you have forgotten more about growing and processing peppers than I'll ever know. Keep those pictures coming.

Pepper-Guru said:

Incredible, burst of that tell tale chacoense/frutescens juicy perfume bomb, followed by a distinct savory, deep, dark, sweet, raisin ...highly recommended

sounds tasty. will you be selling seeds from your plants? I see all kinds of oddities in your pics.

Pepper-Guru said:

Not sure really. I've thought about it, but it's gotta serve me to do so and remain fun. The moment peppers aren't fun for me, I know I've taken a wrong turn somewhere. 

Your grows are so large I can't imagine how many hours per week go into them. Once harvested processing all of them... I often think about sizing up my grow, but I could never be on your level. I do agree keep it fun.

Pepper-Guru said:

Not sure really. I've thought about it, but it's gotta serve me to do so and remain fun. The moment peppers aren't fun for me, I know I've taken a wrong turn somewhere. 

completely understood.  if you decide to id be interested in some.  thanks

Pepper-Guru said:
Im always down for trades :)

Someone mentioned that in my fb group! Great idea!

I could do that with no prob.

im just not sure what id have you don't or would be interestred in. its prob all boring stuff compared to yours. :lol:

Walchit said:
Looking good man!

Thanks dude! 

BDASPNY said:

I could do that with no prob.

im just not sure what id have you don't or would be interestred in. its prob all boring stuff compared to yours. :lol:

Why does everyone always say that!? haha I ain't the damn vault! There are some lunatics with 6,000-10,000 cultivars in their collection out here! That's just too many for one man to even grow in a life time. You'd be surprised at what I value in a pepper, and its always sort of changing. I never really seek anything out, but rather let them all come to me in a way. Fire away my friend. 

Pepper-Guru said:

Thanks dude! 

Why does everyone always say that!? haha I ain't the damn vault! There are some lunatics with 6,000-10,000 cultivars in their collection out here! That's just too many for one man to even grow in a life time. You'd be surprised at what I value in a pepper, and its always sort of changing. I never really seek anything out, but rather let them all come to me in a way. Fire away my friend. 

ill have to get a list together then. lol

I do have one of an unknown cross thats interesting, smells great but its hotter than fire. lol

its ANNUUM time! 

Orange Thai

My favorite Thai of all time - perfect flavor, skin, heat, everything. Can dry on plant perfectly fine with no rot or blemishes. 

48733395658_8c4298e523_b.jpg

48733909497_81ae473890_b.jpg

48733909407_f723e3ff1c_b.jpg

48733729341_554abae849_b.jpg

48733395448_388b12169a_b.jpg

Thunder Mountain Longhorn

Like a super long rooster spur, same desirable skin as orange thai, can dry on plant perfectly. 

48733392323_94ca78d362_b.jpg

48733392233_ea22af8825_b.jpg

48733392153_5f979a3156_b.jpg

48733905782_4ae5def60c_b.jpg

48733725481_762560796a_b.jpg

Back