• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

HA HA HA new "Hotness scale"

anything tastes good with defcon zero

Novacastrian said:
I have MY own rating system, it goes like this.

1. Mah, tastes like capsicum
2. Mmm i can detect heat
3. This shit is hot
4. I love endorphins
5. Someone call an ambulance

That's the most reliable heat scale I've ever seen!

i wonder if anyone has told this guy that the hole that he's talking from ain't his mouth.
Oh to hell with it i'm gonna make a new periodic table,
1. Solids
2. Gases
3. Liquids

There are many sub cats to numbers 1, 2 and 3 but forget what the lab coats say and trust your own senses to tell you if it's 1, 2 or 3,
you see science can be too complex so take the simple route to looking like you've got brains coming out your ears, and use Taylor's Table of Things (copyright)

:if the above table is copied in any form i couldn't give a rats!:

Novacastrian said:
I have MY own rating system, it goes like this.

1. Mah, tastes like capsicum
2. Mmm i can detect heat
3. This shit is hot
4. I love endorphins
5. Someone call an ambulance

Passow's heat rating system:

1. Where's the heat?
2. Was that a tingle I just felt? Nope, just bit my tongue is all.
3. Still waiting for some heat.
4. Jolokias are fun!
5. The Source extract? Ya, it tingles a bit and makes me drool slightly.

:lol:

Davetaylor said:
ah but then that makes 4 and the start of the journey into complicated confusion :lol:

:lol: Ya, well, welcome to my world! Confussion is the best place to be because you get dizzy really fast and those head rushes are always fun.

McGoo said:
Curious. According to my calculations, one ounce of tepins will make 1.814 metric tonnes of salsa hot. That weighs as much as a large family car. That, my friends, is a lot of salsa.

I want pie.

LMAO.

I thought you were just being funny, but it's true. 1oz of tepins will make 4000 lbs of salsa that has a detectable level of hotness.

This should mean that from AJ's peppers last year he should have been able to make a warehouse full of mild salsa. :P

Davetaylor said:
come on guys we should all embrace this not scale i mean it's all based on one mans taste, with no chemicals used so you could call it organic!
I mean his sense of taste must be more reliable than any chemical test.
Alas my taste is not that reliable because when others are starting to sweat i can detect only a slight touch of heat!

Are you serious? I doubt this guy has even ever eaten a pepper. Tabasco hotter than Choc Habs or red Savinas? Tepin the hottest of them all? C'mon! If anyone ever wants to do a serious heat scale then poll the people here that really grow them and eat them. I bet if you did a silent poll among those of us here that have tried all the superhots it would agree almost 90%. There may be a couple of times that someone had one pepper ranked one spot higher or lower, but if you did a top ten you would get the same answers in there every time. This guy has not a clue of what he says. Sorry for the rant, but I hate people making money on my passion that clearly don't share it or they would know what they hell they were talking about!

peter pepper said:
LMAO.

I thought you were just being funny, but it's true. 1oz of tepins will make 4000 lbs of salsa that has a detectable level of hotness.

This should mean that from AJ's peppers last year he should have been able to make a warehouse full of mild salsa. :P

AJ has a warehouse full of salsa starter now. He just needs 400lbs of onions and 2000lbs of tomatoes and he is in business!

Fire Angel said:
I am sure a lot of you have seen this, but I got a kick out of it...

http://www.ecoseeds.com/pepper.hotness.scale.html

ROTFLMAO! This is the funniest thing I've seen all day! This guy is an absolute flake: "Trust your tongue to taste reality,
and NEVER let the machines or the guys in lab coats to do it for you". Just imagine applying that to any other science or measurement, like the weather. "It feels like it's 120F degrees out here, so it must be true!"

Well, he is in California...

JayT said:
Are you serious?

No JayT
Not serious i mean how could i be serious the guy is a complete loon.
I was being sarcastic.
As for him making money i can't see him making much unless if actually catches someone that has copied his scale without including the copyright!
But who that knows peppers would have is list anywhere near their site, unless they have a joke section!
Do you think he maybe sells all the tons of salsa he makes to get his test results!!

The guy has been in the business for over 20 years, and I know a lot of people that were satisfied with his seeds, but he needs to give up his "tepin" promoting and try a real bhut, or for that matter any hot chinense. Maybe we should send him some super-hotties to see where he puts them on his scale, and we'll make sure they were grown in peat:)

POTAWIE said:
Maybe we should send him some super-hotties to see where he puts them on his scale, and we'll make sure they were grown in peat:)

That was a great idea!

Maybe we could invite him to the forum som he can explain and promote his lofty scale?

POTAWIE said:
The guy has been in the business for over 20 years, and I know a lot of people that were satisfied with his seeds, but he needs to give up his "tepin" promoting and try a real bhut, or for that matter any hot chinense. Maybe we should send him some super-hotties to see where he puts them on his scale, and we'll make sure they were grown in peat:)

Shit, never mind the superhots i'll just sell him some of my caribbean reds. $10 says they'll absolutely destroy him and his pitiful little tastebuds. He'll never mention the word tepin again.

Back