• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero Garden 2009

most of july is a bit cold. we will still get a heap of cold westerly winds in August but its nice weather here at the moment.

stillmanz said:
most of july is a bit cold. we will still get a heap of cold westerly winds in August but its nice weather here at the moment.

The east coast has been warmer than normal this winter, even Sydney cracked 20 degrees a week or two ago.

We've had frost in Melbourne, and I left all my plants out this year just to see what happens. So far, I think I may have lost about 2 or 3 to frost, but the rest seem to be humming along.

the beds are abound 30 centremetres raised and tilled another 30 cm deep.
12 inch yes Tighter the better I'm . If it proves a problem I will spread to 45 cm next season.
the soil has manure and mushroom compost added.

Looking fantastic there Mick. Gotta love those Chocky Habs, very yummy and hot.

stillmanz said:
what is snow?
lol
I don't get frosts
I don't really get temps under 10 degrees celcius at the peak of winter.

Geez you Brisbanians get it lucky. Think we had about 15 Deg.C all day recently and got some frosts to look forward too soon:P .

Good luck with the jungle and keep the piccies coming.

Micca

Micca302 said:
Geez you Brisbanians get it lucky. Think we had about 15 Deg.C all day recently and got some frosts to look forward too soon:P .

The weather is good, I'm still picking the odd birdseye and orange hab off my bushes.

LordViykor said:
The weather is good, I'm still picking the odd birdseye and orange hab off my bushes.

Excellent to see. A greenhouse and you guys will be all year rounders.

Not too long and we'll be complaining how it's too hot:rolleyes:.

Hope you guys have a great season
Micca

stillmanz said:
the beds are abound 30 centremetres raised and tilled another 30 cm deep.
12 inch yes Tighter the better I'm . If it proves a problem I will spread to 45 cm next season.
the soil has manure and mushroom compost added.

man you will have a load of peppers to sell. That mushroom mix just kicks everything in high gear, I planted my 7 pot plant in some and right now since april it has grown 2 ft higher. It was 3 ft and leggy but now it is 5 ft and bushy. HAVE FUN MY FRIEND:onfire:

Back