• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Habanero Honey Sauce

Made round two of my Habanero Honey sauce and I'd say it turned out pretty well. Starts off sweet and fruity, then slowly moves into a very nice heat. Love the color too.

Here's a pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwb06t45pqz898u/2013-05-26%2009.06.31.jpg

Now this is only my second sauce, so critiques or ideas for changes are definitely welcome!

1 half 20 ounce can roundys sliced pineapple (no fresh ones at the supermarket today :( )
1 mango (peeled and chopped)
6 habaneros (cut into 4ths)
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup liquified honey

Pretty simple, last time I put carrots, onion, garlic, etc. in it but wanted to try it out with less ingredients. I have a Ninja Blender, so instructions are basically: throw into blender...blend.

What do you think?

Looks good, I like that it doesnt include carrots.  To be honest I dont like carrot based hot sauces, just dont enjoy the taste of carrots in hot sauce for some reason. 

I'll be giving this a try. 

Capsicum Select said:
Just made a small batch of Hornet Honey!

Tweaked mkremer's recipe a little:

8972961725_f4b275032c_c.jpg

7 oz Pineapple
1 Mango
3 Sliced Habaneros
1 Small clove garlic
1/8 tsp Ground ginger
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Cider vinegar

{I know there are 4 hab's in the pic but I decided last minute to only use three since I cut the size of the recipe}

Saute the garlic on low heat for a minute, add the pineapple, mango, ginger, and lemon. Let simmer covered until everything is mushy.  Add habaneros, honey, and vinegar.  Once the honey is thinned put it in the blender until smooth.  I then put it back on the stove with lid off simmering to thicken. Then jar and enjoy!

I think it turned out spot on for my taste. Has a nice sweet and fruity initial profile and then a spicy kick from the hab's on the end.

8974154500_1689f58260_c.jpg
Hey Capsicum....I made three batches of this stuff and my coworkers at the hospital went nuts over it! Fantastic (yet simple) recipe. Thanks for the post! This is now one of my favorites.

Buzzman19 said:
Looks good, I like that it doesnt include carrots.  To be honest I dont like carrot based hot sauces, just dont enjoy the taste of carrots in hot sauce for some reason. 

I'll be giving this a try. 

If you are tasting carrots in any sauce, you are using too much carrot, and not enough peppers.
Capsicum Select said:

7 oz Pineapple
1 Mango
3 Sliced Habaneros
1 Small clove garlic
1/8 tsp Ground ginger
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Cider vinegar

{I know there are 4 hab's in the pic but I decided last minute to only use three since I cut the size of the recipe}

Saute the garlic on low heat for a minute, add the pineapple, mango, ginger, and lemon. Let simmer covered until everything is mushy.  Add habaneros, honey, and vinegar.  Once the honey is thinned put it in the blender until smooth.  I then put it back on the stove with lid off simmering to thicken. Then jar and enjoy!

I think it turned out spot on for my taste. Has a nice sweet and fruity initial profile and then a spicy kick from the hab's on the end.

Is that 7oz pineapple by volume, or by weight?

Roguejim said:

If you are tasting carrots in any sauce, you are using too much carrot, and not enough peppers.

Is that 7oz pineapple by volume, or by weight?

Doesnt matter, dont like carrots in my hot sauce.  I have tried countless brands and carrot just dont work for me let alone if I make it for myself. 

Capsicum Select said:

7 oz Pineapple
1 Mango
3 Sliced Habaneros
1 Small clove garlic
1/8 tsp Ground ginger
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Cider vinegar

I just made this yesterday, excellent taste and even my wife and daughter and  future son in law approved!! Gonna make some more and I was wondering where you guys are getting the bottles ( not the Mason Jars) to use, a link would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat

Back