• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Habanero in the eyes....

N_FF said:
duno whats worse. geting it in your eyes or on your junk.

Sounds like you never got it on your junk... If you get it in the eye you cry for a while and that's that...

been there - i've rubed my eye after i handled dorset naga seeds - that was intense. also inside nose is a real pain :) o yes junk is terrible too :)

I still cannot get the stuff off my fingers. I don't know how many times I have washed my hands. Every time I get my hands close to my nose or eyes they start to burn. Sucks cause I need to put in my contacts. Guess it is time to invest in a box of latex gloves.

You will learn how to chop chiles without actually tuching the good parts, it's not that har if you just use one or two.

But gloves is a good idea if you are doing more and/or are in a hurry. Hunan hands can be nasty.

(Try oil on your fingers - you need fat to get capsaisin off!)

Sometimes it is almost fun to see how many times you have to wash your hands and then see how much oil is still there.

oh i have experienced it but it was only with a Serrano i'd hate to go for a re-adjustment with habs on my hands.

nubster said:
I still cannot get the stuff off my fingers. I don't know how many times I have washed my hands. Every time I get my hands close to my nose or eyes they start to burn. Sucks cause I need to put in my contacts. Guess it is time to invest in a box of latex gloves.

I've had Naga powder in my eyes and I know how that feels. :hell:

BTW, you should get a pair of rubber gloves; the mean chili juice will penetrate latex, but it's better than bare hands.

chillilover said:
Dawn works pretty good to get it off since it cuts grease and oil.

That is what I used numerous times last night and then again this morning. Finally after washing a sink full of dishes did my hands become free of fire. Bad thing is when I put my contacts in after I finally got my hands clean I guess last night I contaminated them so :mouthonfire: They are my last pair too so I weathered the hellfire and all is good now. Definitely a learning experience.

Back