• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Habanero Mango Hot Sauce

Ingredients:
10 Yellow Habaneros
600 gram Carrots
Juice of 2 limes
700 gram Mango
300 ml Vinegar
200 gram sugar
pinch of salt

I used yellow peppers to keep the color of the sauce yellowish.
The weight of the mango is just the flesh so after the skin and pit have been removed.

Recipe:
Remove the seeds from the peppers and chop them finely. Remove skin and pit from the mango and cut in cubes. I grated the carrots.
All ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mango is soft. Now it's ready to be turned into a sauce. I used a handcranked foodmill, this way the hard fibers stay behind and the sauce is smoother. You can also use a blender.
Put the sauce back in the pot and bring to a boil again. Test ph levels and adjust with limejuice if not correct. Simmer for aboout 5 minutes.
Add boiling hot sauce to sterilized bottles or jars.

Enjoy :)

It's very good on chicken

I've made a similar mango hab sauce...until I realized I was slightly allergic to mango's. I used brown sugar and about double the lime juice. Your recipe sounds pretty dadgum guuuud!

sounds like a great basic sauce that people can alter to their tastes, Thanks for sharing~

I'm starting a choc hab mango mash very shortly, obviously it will be minus all the preservatives. How much diff does the carrot make or is it too sweet without?

Hab and mango go very well together. I have a recipe for mango-hab hot sauce I've been making since the Reagan administration.

Deep fried chicken wings and grilled shrimp are prime victims.....

Hell, it's even awesome on pizza. :rofl:

Hab and mango go very well together. I have a recipe for mango-hab hot sauce I've been making since the Reagan administration.

Deep fried chicken wings and grilled shrimp are prime victims.....

Hell, it's even awesome on pizza. :rofl:

I am very new at making sauces. One under my belt, and it wasn't so good. This was before I found this site. My question is on this sauce, does it come out thicker kind of like a BBQ sauce. Do you just simmer to the desired thickness? I would love to make this and put it over wings so I want to avoid runny sauce.

Also, what do the carrots do?

Only 10 habas on that huge amount of mnago and carrots doesn't sound like much. So I assume that the sauce must be very mild. For the last sauce I made, I used a mash started with 1 lb of habas and garlic. After 3 months, I added 2 mangos, and made the sauce. Is really perfect with everything.
Have read about the carrots before, so will have to give that a try.

They are very pulpy though.

No. Carrots are fairly neutral adding only subtle flavors and texture unless you are adding a wheelbarrow full. Carrots are a good 'thang in a hot sauce from my experience.

Jay must be thinking of uncooked, when you juice them. Not pulpy when cooked, quite soft and silky in texture.

Back