• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Happy Holidays to All

It's 8 pm here... my parents have just left, we've got through 3 bottles of champagne and 5 bottles of wine between 9 of us... but that odd "drinking since 11 am so not getting drunk" thing that I sometimes get. Not that I normally start at 11am.

Have eaten way, way too much, been to church, and it's been a lovely day but for two things:
1. No Snow.
2. Shooty* Jnr has a stinking cold, bless him. His first. No energy left in him. Breaks my little heart.

I did the family stuff yesterday. Today I've just been nibbling at cheese and crackers and cookies. Dinner is in the crockpot so there's not much work to be done.

Just finished meal number 1 (I took pics which will be posted tomarrow). I'm on beer number 5, been slowly drinking (its starting to pick up speed though) since 10:30am and it's 1:40 right now.

Hope Shooty* Jr gets better soon!

hey, hope everyones having a good holiday. i'm at my parents house for another couple of days. tomorrow my older brother that i haven't seen in at least 5 years is arriving tomorrow and we're all going to the tampa bay brewing co for food and drinks! i'm really looking forward to checking that place out. after that, i'm heading home to have some peace and quiet for myself (even though it will be filled with hours of loud ass guitar (on my new guitar!!))

had a pretty good dinner today, but nothing spicy. i don't think spicy food is that big of a hit with my family. the food was still good though..had some lamb, ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, and various other sides. well i guess i'm gonna grab myself another beer and get back to reading my book. talk to you all later.

thehotpepper.com said:
Don't try to make a hot sauce out of mistletoe.

chuk hell said:
Nope. better to make a belt buckle with it. ;)

17.gif

Jon, you would not believe the amount of snot a small child can produce. BUt he's on the mend now, thanks.

But Mrs Shooty* and I have the cold instead ;(

Back