food Happy Thanksgiving - Post Pics

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Happy Turkey Pulled Pork Day!

Yes, that's right. Brining right now, will fire up the smoker in the morn. The rest of the fixins will be made inside but I'll be drankin' in the hickory smoke filled chilly air next to my favorite heat source, ole smoky. What about you?

Post your pics as you cook!

Good idea man. Did my turkey on the weber last year, have a Charbroil Big Easy I'm gonna try tomorrow. Will post some pics later on in the day then.

I have a pork tenderloin for my UDS. I'm not keen on turkey. I also have some chorizo and bacon for some mayhem on the smoker as well. Maybe some shrimps too! Got a butterball breast for mrs. blues that she picked out. An abomination I says. That's going in teh oven. Roasting some whole garlic for mashed. Maybe do some poppers. I will have pics and although my witchdoctor will object...I will be DRINKING! POO POO KA CHOO!

THP...hickory on the turkey....you likey the smoke amigo! I expect heavy piccy's compadre! God bless you and yours for teh holiday!

too bad we don't celebrate that here. would have loved to have some turkey. we don't get a lot of turkey out here. lol.

too bad we don't celebrate that here. would have loved to have some turkey. we don't get a lot of turkey out here. lol.

You ain't missin' much..... :lol:
I don't usually do turkey, but am visiting my daughter, and she wanted to do turkey - something about being "traditional" - whose tradition?????

You ain't missin' much..... :lol:
I don't usually do turkey, but am visiting my daughter, and she wanted to do turkey - something about being "traditional" - whose tradition?????

yeah well. lol.

considering the fact that my family's very dysfunctional and in denial that we are dysfunctional. i really am not missing much. i was just really thinking about the food part. a big turkey on the table, bunch of fixins and mash and gravy. sounds good to me.

was also thinking of deep fried turkey too.

What??? Turkey is awesome!

Turkey and gravy...

Turkey noodle soup...

Sliced Turkey samiches...

Hot turkey samiches...

The leftovers are the bestest :dance:

We are getting SNOW right now on TURKEY DAY :lol:

No turkey here either. Ham with an orange glaze, sour cream potatos, yam and apple bake along with other unsundry items.

Porkage rub-a-dub.

IMG_2841.jpg

Thanks TB. Back at cha.

Butt brined all night in chili wine, salt, naga, and sugar. Yellow mustardized and rubbed this am. On smoker. :woohoo:

Attachments

• tg2010smoke_butt_rubbed.jpg
    tg2010smoke_butt_rubbed.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 83
Looking good, guys!! :clap:

I'm doing a marinaded sirloin tip roast and yorkshire pudding. Photos will be in the other holiday thread later....

This is what I wish I would be having today.

But it will just be the normal turkey and sides. A guy can dream can't he?

Nice TB we posted those at the same time.

I challenge you to a BBQ pork Throwdown!!

:lol:

Back