food Happy Thanksgiving - Post Pics

I humbly accept. Got any chorizo, bacon or shrimp to go wit' 'dat pork? No? :lol:
Nah that's too predictable :lol:

Smoking some garlic to rub on a fresh brick oven roll with butter, warm it on the grill, and gonna slap the pork and all it's juices on top.

Nah that's too predictable :lol:

Smoking some garlic to rub on a fresh brick oven roll with butter, warm it on the grill, and gonna slap the pork and all it's juices on top.

Smoked garlic! I can dig it. My mouth is watering thinking about that sammich!

I reckon I'll nix the shrimps. I haz too much food to do up. Moling up and burrowing in The Blues Kitchen after this post.

I'M GOING IN!

If I'm not back in 3 hours call the President!

P.Freaky, whatcha cooking? Post pics!

Smoked garlic for the schmear (with olive oil and butter), and butt in progress.

Attachments

• tg2010smoke_smoked_garlic.jpg
    tg2010smoke_smoked_garlic.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 69
  • tg2010smoke_butt_smoking.jpg
    tg2010smoke_butt_smoking.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 70
PRIME RIB! Our favorite!
354be353.jpg

Nice tease SL!
;)

Couple years ago, I cooked an ~8 prime rib for a holiday dinner for the 3 of us. I divided up the roast by 3 and hubby got the largest piece. Made himself sick trying to eat it all. I keep telling him that just because it's on his plate he doesn't HAVE to eat it all right then. He was raised to "clean the plate!" :lol:

Just turned the oven down to the low temp for the slow cook. It's smelling guuud in the salsafamily house right now!

Smoked garlic! great idea! sounds like a great twist on the standard oven roasted garlic.

Wow, turkey nay-sayers, huh? Whatev, to each his own... Used to hunt and do them up with the old man when I was a kid in Wisco.

My fishing buddy just gave me this thing brand new, saw a few tagged with the wrong price at Home Despot, got a deal on some. So I'm all in... Injected the first bird with a carolina style mustard/vinegar concoction in the breast and the dark meat with a creole butter mix.

Loving this Thanksgiving, just the immediate family at our place, no in-laws, friends trickling in later on... Time to get the ham going.

Quick pics of the Big Easy

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

THP that garlic looks incredible! That and the meat look like pure culinary sex!

I just started the piggage going in The Blues Smoker. Dressed the coleslaw, finished browning 3 bulbs worth of garlic cloves, spuds are cut for smashed, and 'peno's are stuffed with chorizo/hab/cheese mix. The coup d' grace will be teh CHOINKS.....chorizo/hab/cheese meatballs wrapped in bacon! I'll add the choinks and poppers for smokification in a few hours. Pics to come yall!

Back