• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Happy Thanksgiving !

Ah, time for my yearly comment:

On this day, where we chow down on way too much food, let us not forget the following. The Genocide of the Native Americans and how much we have ruined the natural beauty of this land with polution, cutting down of forests, and Walmarts. Lot's of people forget ignore this, let's not be those people.

Time for me to crack a beer and get this day started right. Grilled ham is calling me..... I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable day.

happy thanksgiving everyone! i'm not having turkey today..but it's all the same.

igg is right..we sure did make a mess of things over here.

watch out for the traffic out there..today is supposed to be the worst day if i remember correctly. plenty of drunks out late at night...and even more cops so be careful as well. hope everyone has a great day/weekend.

i'll be joining igg in having a beer momentarily. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone At
26640.gif

From
Pharmer Phil and Pharmer Laura

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EAT WELL!

So far so good. I've had a few Natty Lights (ya know, this water doesn't taste half bad...hehehe) and will be breaking out the REAL beer in a few hours (8% abv and higher). Then it's grilling ham, chicken, corn, potatoes. With Defcon Condition Zero Pie for desert.

Well, the chicken just went on the Q and the potatoes have been cooking next to it. The ham is marinating. Two stakes, one have molasses on half of it and some of Zane and Zake's Honey Habanero Sauce (review to be posted on THZ soon). The second steak is covered in honey and half of it has fresh ground peppercorn............mmmmmmmm. Now I'm getting hungry!

Just finished eating and letting it settle. Now, it's time to walk the dog so he stops biting and barking at us (Dave and I). And then it's back to eating a set of seconds and drinking more BEEERRRRR!!!!!

: runs out and pees :

BEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!

I actually started a little bit late today with the beer. It was about Noon that I started drinking (Natty Light for the long hall of drinking just to drink) and now I've finished a big bottle of Brother David's Triple Ale (10% abv) and am working on a bottle of Rogue Chocolate Stout. This beer actually has sediment of real (bitter sweet) chocolate at the bottom of the bottle (I believe it's around 6-7% abv). Then it's off to some imported Heff that's 9% abv, some homegrown, organic smokey smokey, some more Natty Light, Defcon Condition Zero pie and Ham.

Then it will be sleepy time.......for I will be full on all counts. A sign that you have reached true American Status of Thanksgiving.

Pics to come tomorrow.

Back