• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

A nice morning picking here. As usual, the aji charapitas were a major PITA to pick, but once I start popping them open in food I'll forget about that. These NuMex Big Jims are tasting fantastic this time of year.

Attachments

• 20180828_120330.jpg
    20180828_120330.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 84
Thegreenchilemonster said:
A nice morning picking here. As usual, the aji charapitas were a major PITA to pick, but once I start popping them open in food I'll forget about that. These NuMex Big Jims are tasting fantastic this time of year.
Beauty of a harvest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Muckyai said:
Beauty of a harvest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm digging your harvests of peppers and bitter melons. My wife loves bitter melons, and she has been trying for well over a decade to get me to like them too. I'm finally coming around a bit towards them.

I actually like durian now, which took forever, so I'm sure I'll really like bitter melons at some point as well.

AndyW said:
A couple ripe lemondrops, a bit of a branch that snapped off of a *not* aji dulce plant, and my first ripe goji berry which I made the mistake of eating fresh. Less-than-stellar experience for sure

nk7hyjU.jpg
Did you buy the plant or start from seed on the goji berry? I started from seed last year but they got crowded out in the garden and died (below a monster gooseberry plant). I understand it takes a couple of seasons to produce fruit when growing from seed.

And are you supposed to dry them first?

austin87 said:
Did you buy the plant or start from seed on the goji berry? I started from seed last year but they got crowded out in the garden and died (below a monster gooseberry plant). I understand it takes a couple of seasons to produce fruit when growing from seed.

And are you supposed to dry them first?
I bought a plant from a hardware store this spring in a .5ish gal pot. It was full of shoots/suckers so I just divided them among three pots and pretty much abused them all. Now all but the ones that I'm growing out of the bottom of a bucket that I have a pepper in the top of are producing.

And yeah. Fresh, they're bitter and flavorless. Drying takes some of that away and brings out some sweetness. I'm not sure about from seed, but the suckers shoot up like weeds. I've pulled 6-7 that have grown out of the top of the one pot this season.

Got yellow fever today!

Anyway, todays picks. Bucket and a basket of Honey Crisp apples, basket of sugar cube cantaloupe, a few Black Diamond watermelons, Butch T Yellow, Madbalz Brown, Jonahs Yellow Brain, Red Moruga, 7 Pot Douglah Yellow, Caribbean Red, Yellow Ghost, Brazillian Starfish Yellow.

7F7B2942-7568-4D05-AA3D-15FF26FF4BE9.jpeg

Nice. Looks like you hit your first pod of mountain dew that you forgot to mention :)
skullbiker said:
Got yellow fever today!

Anyway, todays picks. Bucket and a basket of Honey Crisp apples, basket of sugar cube cantaloupe, a few Black Diamond watermelons, Butch T Yellow, Madbalz Brown, Jonahs Yellow Brain, Red Moruga, 7 Pot Douglah Yellow, Caribbean Red, Yellow Ghost, Brazillian Starfish Yellow.

attachicon.gif
Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

skullbiker said:
Got yellow fever today!

attachicon.gif

Is that a drone under the table?  Using it to protect your crops?

Back