• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

Almost 250 grams of supers. Im pretty sure i got more than this still outside in JPGS.
f1YoUCG.jpg

XfQQcWc.jpg

RmG9TM1.jpg

1AAe81J.jpg

HWR6wyL.jpg

I probably got more Joes Long Cayenne off this one pick than i have total sofar. Still got quite a few more almost ready. Looks like i got enough for a ok sized batch of fermented sauce
X6NrfgL.jpg

8RmOkra.jpg

Doelman said:
do you harvest your pods before they fully ripen because they look cool or is there another reason?
I sometimes like harvesting underripe pods so the bugs don't get to them, they ripen in the house, and I will go out and pick ripe ones so I can process a bigger batch at one time. Not sure if that is Harry D's strategy or not, but I imagine he has the same Bastard bugs that I have here. They just take a little bite and move on

Especially since I gave up on all the plants a while ago! The rain has been doing wonders. I did use some generic tomato and vegetable fertilizer sometime in July when the plants were showing a severe calcium issue

Walchit said:
Oh and I got a little harvest in...

attachicon.gif
20190825_163757.jpg

These lemon Starrburst are all off of one plant. Not sure if they are supposed to be yellow, it hought so, but mine are white. I love white chinense, so I'm happy.

attachicon.gif
20190825_164152.jpg
Dooooood! Are those Chocolate Habaneros/Black Congo/JHC or something similar??? In 2014, I got a box of fresh pods from Judy @ PepperLover and saved hundreds of seeds. I grew one in '15, but it split down the stalk/trunk and I got one pod that year. In '16 & '17 I grew one and it turned red. U said eff this and didn't grow one in '18. As late additions, I started 2 from those seeds and 2 choc habs from Colin's seeds (nice.chili France). They all were fine and almost kept them all. The habs were slower and I only had room for one plant. So I gave my extra, slightly smaller black Congo plant to a 13 year old genius neighbor-kid who likes to garden.
Weeeeeeeelllllllllllllll, my single Black Congo PL plant started to ripen...and ripen lighter than any brown I've seen. Like an orangey-yellow. Being dark enough to be orangey in the beginning denotes a darker color than yellow. Red. Yes red. My least favorite pepper color....AGAIN!!!!! Now, If Doogie Howser ends up with a chocolate from my spare plant, I'm gonna........

.........do something......
...........probably invertedly. Lol.

I love chocolate habs, but haven't had one since 2015.

Bhuter said:
Dooooood! Are those Chocolate Habaneros/Black Congo/JHC or something similar??? In 2014, I got a box of fresh pods from Judy @ PepperLover and saved hundreds of seeds. I grew one in '15, but it split down the stalk/trunk and I got one pod that year. In '16 & '17 I grew one and it turned red. U said eff this and didn't grow one in '18. As late additions, I started 2 from those seeds and 2 choc habs from Colin's seeds (nice.chili France). They all were fine and almost kept them all. The habs were slower and I only had room for one plant. So I gave my extra, slightly smaller black Congo plant to a 13 year old genius neighbor-kid who likes to garden.
Weeeeeeeelllllllllllllll, my single Black Congo PL plant started to ripen...and ripen lighter than any brown I've seen. Like an orangey-yellow. Being dark enough to be orangey in the beginning denotes a darker color than yellow. Red. Yes red. My least favorite pepper color....AGAIN!!!!! Now, If Doogie Howser ends up with a chocolate from my spare plant, I'm gonna........

.........do something......
...........probably invertedly. Lol.

I love chocolate habs, but haven't had one since 2015.
I got the seeds from a dude on Instagram named ron tilton i think. Hill country hot peppers is his business or whatever. He told me they were a heavy producing chocolate habanero. I have 6 plants in a raised bed that are just doing so-so. And the one in the ground is doing pretty good. I didnt really taste one, they smell chinense big time though. I saved seeds if you wanna try them out. Open pollinated though...

Bookers said:
Love those long cayenne pepps!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Never was a fan of growing typical cayenne but i love these.

I can get $7 for 115ish grams of Reapers at the market no problem. The guy didnt even hesitate. People were paying $1 for 3 jalapenos like its was a flash sale. Worked out a deal with the guy i know there to share the stall cost of $20.

It was a good day.

Back