has anybody in the united states ordered ?

has anybody in the united states ordered from semillas the hot pepper user and if you have has anybody ordered the devil's tongue chocolate seeds from him ? 

I was wondering if someone has bought devil's tongue chocolate seeds from him and is welling to sell me some. i would buy them from him but its to much of a risk and i don't have time to get a permit ?

I have seeds for several devils tongue cultivars. Send me your address and I'll send you some seed. None are chocolate though.

I'm not in the USA, but i've ordered from Semillas and the seeds arrived pretty fast and so far i have 100% germination rates on them.
Can't tell you yet if they are crossed or not, but we'll see later.  :dance:

someguy said:

Wow! You must really be in a hurry? I got my permit online and it hardly took any time at all.
I would be interested in learning more about how to get a permit (or even what its called :P). Can you point me in the right direction?

I have bought from Peter/ Semillas on two occasions and both quick shipping. (from Spain) Longest was 17 days.  I do not have the permit you referred to.

I recommend ordering!

Yes, I've purchased from him twice with no issues. His seeds have great germ rates, first time growing them this year. The import permit is not hard to get and is free. He has a massive selection too.

someguy said:

Wow! You must really be in a hurry? I got my permit online and it hardly took any time at all.
Your lucky, mine took 3 months.  Not sure why but I was getting the run around about every little thing, and when all was done ended up with 2 permits as I was told to ammend the first one and it or me somehow ended up creating a new application then all the sudden the both went through.

Yellow King said:
has anybody in the united states ordered from semillas the hot pepper user and if you have has anybody ordered the devil's tongue chocolate seeds from him ? 
PM me, I have those very seeds on the way, hopefully arriving any day now.

SLP has to be about the best seed vendor on the planet.  Best prices.  Germ rates are usually near 100%.  I have grown about 30 varieties from him and only 2 were off pheno.  This year probably have 70 varieties in my grow from him.

jcw10tc said:
Your lucky, mine took 3 months.  Not sure why but I was getting the run around about every little thing, and when all was done ended up with 2 permits as I was told to ammend the first one and it or me somehow ended up creating a new application then all the sudden the both went through.

PM me, I have those very seeds on the way, hopefully arriving any day now.

SLP has to be about the best seed vendor on the planet.  Best prices.  Germ rates are usually near 100%.  I have grown about 30 varieties from him and only 2 were off pheno.  This year probably have 70 varieties in my grow from him.
 hey i sent you a PM.

jcw10tc said:
Your lucky, mine took 3 months.

If I remember correctly it only took 24 to 48 hours to get it. I then had to stop by the USDA office in town to show ID to them. That was it. I thought it went pretty smooth for dealing with the government.

someguy said:

If I remember correctly it only took 24 to 48 hours to get it. I then had to stop by the USDA office in town to show ID to them. That was it. I thought it went pretty smooth for dealing with the government.
Wow, mine was nothing like that.  I had to go to a USDA office just to get the account created in order to start the permit request.  Glad it was so smooth for you.  I started it almost a year ago on Jan 9 and didn't get it until sometime in April.

I thought that I've been on their website before and the pepper descriptions were in English. Now I can only find their website in other languages.

Click the English (British) Flag for English version of the Website.

Peter is awesome. He knows a lot about the business and pepper species, etc.  Growing, reproduction, etc.  I have ordered from him.  Just received some Wild Peppers from him last month or so. 

The USDA permit took me maybe 30 days max to receive.  All done by email.  Didn't have to go anywhere to show ID.  Basically, it just says you plan to import seeds from foreign places. You list all the possible places you want to import seeds from. Once you get the permit send it by email to SLP or other suppliers.  They provide a copy of it on the bubble envelope when they ship your seeds.  That way the USDA or Postal Service won't confiscate your seeds.  Works great.  It is not absolutely necessary but it is recommended like Juanitos said.

As a permit holder, you also get notifications about countries temporarily being stopped from shipments of fruit to US.  For example, right at the moment you are not able to get pepper fruit from Spain, where SLP is located.  It does not affect SEEDS.  I repeat it does not affect seeds.

Here is a sample notification:

Dear Permit Holders,

We are writing to inform you that on December 10, 2015, a live fruit fly larva in the Tephritidae family, identified as Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata), was confirmed in a shipment of pepper fruit from Spain. APHIS has requested the Spain National Plant Protection Organization to suspend shipments from the affected registered greenhouses.

As a result of this detection, effective Monday, December 14, 2015, all pepper fruit from Spain will be limited entry to the United States pending an investigation. Pepper fruit from all registered greenhouses will be limited to only North Atlantic ports located north of 39° latitude and east of 104° longitude (i.e., ports north of and including Baltimore, Maryland; ports on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway; Canadian border ports east of and including North Dakota; Washington, DC, including Andrews Air Force Base and Dulles), until further notice.

For shipments that are enroute prior to this communication, CBP will inspect and if no actionable pests are found, the shipment can be released.

Thank you.

Back