Has anyone here ever made Absinthe

Sickmont said:
It almost sounds like somebody bottled a 'screaming nazi'....you know, rumplemintz and jager mixed 50/50.

That would probably be a better drink. Really,

This was like night and day compared to the quality of Lucid or Kubler.

Hahah :) Chuk, if you're really enjoying Absinthe, try some of the ones I recommended from Alandia.de and see how they measure up to what you've tried so far :)

I've thought about it...the Euro is actually down now...but it's a bit of a hassle and I don't want to pay that shipping. I may just wait to see which other absinthes become available here. I rather like just being able to buy it in the liquor store.

If they are charging too much shiiping costs for overseas orders, I'd be happy to help everyone here out by buying the stuff and sending it over for the actual postage costs. Just let me know!

I've just had my first taste of the Green Fairy this week, the one called Lucid, and
really enjoyed it. Now I am wanting to explore further this interesting beverage.

IMAG1708.jpg

It sure is a different buzz. I would definitely like to try some with triple the
wormwood from across the pond.

Lucid isn't bad, but it's far from top shelf! I would suggest some Pernod or some Vieux Carre.

Lucid is what I bring to parties when I feel like dragging out the fountain. The other two are for sitting around the fire pit in the back yard enjoying the evening...

http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/

Never tried it, but I thought you couldn't buy it in the states? Is there a "work around" or did I just get wrong info.

You can get a few different varieties in the states. It's an American version though, with a restricted amount of wormwood. (I think...) Imports aren't that strictly watched though, on Christmas and my birthday I usually get a bottle or two each, so ordering it must not be that cost prohibitive. Otherwise my mom wouldn't mess with it!!

Back