• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Have Peppers Want to Start Plant! :)

Hello All,
I have 5 Poinsettia Peppers from my plant (which did not survive my attempt to transplant it to a bigger pot :( :( :( )

Would like to start some new plants from these final peppers...

Any guidance? How to instructions?

I don't have a green thumb... used Miracle Grow potting soil but my plant didn't survive :(

Thanks
Art

Welcome Professor don't use Miracle grow with peppers as the results can be fatal or you can over fertilize the soil or push nutrient levels to extremes,I grew The Poinsetta(japanese hot claw)
this season and it was a joy to grow and a fantastic producer,Just get some quality seeding/Potting soil to start and when you pot on use a Quality soil with good airiating property's and remember peppers love a sandy based soil to,Add some perilite and use a quality water based fertilizer through the season and you will have a great producing plant that will keep giving you harvest thorought
the year :(

Heres mine few months back..
mini-DSC02483.jpg

Welcome from Fort Worth

welcome from vermont; i like the bag of tea method when starting seeds (not to be confused with the teabag method :) ) just be patient and dont over fertilize; that tends to be the death of most plants...

Thanks!

Hello Again,
Thanks for the help and the tips!

Any tips on prepping the seeds from the peppers I got from my plant? Dry them out? wait till spring? start them now?

Thanks,
Professor

Professor said:
Hello Again,
Any tips on prepping the seeds from the peppers I got from my plant? Dry them out? wait till spring? start them now?

Thanks,
Professor
Howdy Professor and welcome!
I get my seeds from mature pods that have dried. You can plant them anytime. I like to use styrofoam cups filled about 2/3 full of regualar potting soil. I just poke about 3 or holes about 1/4 inch deep in the soil and put a seed in each hole. Once they start growing I keep filling the cups up with soil up to the top leaves so the plants wont fall over. Once they get a few inches in height you can separate the seedling plants in larger pots. I didnt bring my camera home from work so I dont have any pics now but I'll try to remember tomorrow and show you how I am doing it. I am starting a different pepper than you are but I see no reason why this method won't work for yours.

Best of Luck!:shocked:

B

Back