seeds Have some seeds sprouting

First off let me say I know it has been along time since I have been on here, but I started a new job and have been very busy. I need some advice. I have about three different types of pepper seeds starting to sprout. They're not ready for planting yet, but trying to get ideas of how to plant them when it is time. Do all you have like a little garden for you peppers , use buckets. My wife has already informed me I'm not allowed to have any space this year in our garden. So I need to find a good way to plant them. I do have one of those pepper growers like the hanging tomato planter that I plan on using for some of the plants.

I would say to use some 5 gallon buckets. You can still get some good size plants, and they can be moved inside if needed. It also allows you to mix your own soil if you wish. I dont have a big enough yard for a garden so I only do container growing and it works fine for me.

I was considering using 5 gallon buckets and maybe some smaller ones. How do you determine what size bucket to use for each plant. Right now the seedlings I have sprouting are Tabasco, Peruvian Purples, and Carribean Reds. What size bucket would be recommended for these. I am also going to buy some plants this year. I am planning on buying some Jalepeno, Red Hot Chili, and Habenero ( if I can find some). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did 100 (5-gallon) buckets last season plus another 250 superhots in the ground. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than the 5-gal size…bigger is better!

You'll be surprised; just one season under your belt with a good dose of "THP" works magic!!

Try asking your wife if she loves you, my wife spins that one on me all the time and it seems to work!!

Well bad news I lost all my plants in this first tray of seedlings, but I did start a new set of seeds. I don't have the purple peruvians or the tabascos now. In this tray I started the Carribean Reds and some Passila Bajos. I am also going to purchase some cayenne, Cowhorn Peppers, and Jalepeno plants here soon as well. I was thinking of getting some Habeneros, but I don't know if I need that many HOT peppers(of course I do). The Carribean Reds are listed on the seed package as being rated at 350,000- 450,000 on the scoville scale.

I did 100 (5-gallon) buckets last season plus another 250 superhots in the ground. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than the 5-gal size…bigger is better!

You'll be surprised; just one season under your belt with a good dose of "THP" works magic!!

Try asking your wife if she loves you, my wife spins that one on me all the time and it seems to work!!

You may want to start off with how much you love her. *Hint* plant some flowers she likes also. :)

You may want to start off with how much you love her. *Hint* plant some flowers she likes also. :)

Well we talked about it the other day. She has decided toonly grow two tomato plants and a couple of cucumber s this year, so I do get to go to the garden. I need to get it the garden tilled here soon as I already have people wanting some of my Hot Sauce this year.

Back