• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Having a holiday in Ontario, visiting Toronto area and Ottawa

ring sting said:
So, the house is clean, ready for the dog/house sitter, just gotta pack my bags.

I have a bunch of sauces to bring/swap/give away, so any Cdns wanting to try some aussie gear, there's still time to PM me.

I haven't flown internationally for about 6 yrs, and am kinda nervous about sitting on a plane for 9hrs and 13 hrs. I think t's because I'm a smoker, and havent been awake w/out a smoke for so long since my last int'l flight. Gum or patches? Gotta get something..

RS
Take this appertunity to quit.

Have a safe flight!!!!

Penny and chillilover, where in ON are you guys? I'm travelling to Ottawa from Toronto via 60 Hway, got some family to visit up there, so if you're out that way I'd be glad to drop off some sauces.

Potawie, I'd gladly drop some stuff in if you like coz i think you're nr Ottawa?

Otherwise, pm me addresses.

RS

Thanks IGG, would make me richer!
A small, confined space with people potentially stronger, more supported by the law is no place to give up smoking cold turkey, get anxious and angry...

Sorta like coming down off a bad trip in a police cell with a 6ft5, 350lb guy called Bubba. Not wise.

RS

:welcome:I'd love to meet you RingSting but my whole summer is suddenly booked up already:( Have a great time, and don't buy the reservation cigarettes eh!
I'm actually not in Ottawa but a little over an hour away in the boonies

I got here safe and sound, no hairy moments.

I had the longest Sunday ever, it lasted about 35 hrs... About 24 or so were daylight as I started in AUS early in the morning, traveling north to Korea, and then east in the northern latitudes, where it's sunny for most of the day.

Oh, and met at the airport by my wife and a box of TH donuts, O Canada!

RS

ring sting said:
I got here safe and sound, no hairy moments.

I had the longest Sunday ever, it lasted about 35 hrs... About 24 or so were daylight as I started in AUS early in the morning, traveling north to Korea, and then east in the northern latitudes, where it's sunny for most of the day.

Oh, and met at the airport by my wife and a box of TH donuts, O Canada!

RS

Glad you made it ok! Enjoy your stay, post pics, keep us updated, and watch out for Moose!

Dear lord life certainly is hard for a student :rolleyes:

Hope you have a blast Ringa. Hey did you know that in 1909 Canada passed a law that prevented poor people from entering Canada for any reason???

keep us posted, you no I could have made you some poutin you didn't have to fly all the way over there.... lol
I expect a present when you get back, something nice

lol
cheers

Mick

Novacastrian said:
Dear lord life certainly is hard for a student :rolleyes:

Hope you have a blast Ringa. Hey did you know that in 1909 Canada passed a law that prevented poor people from entering Canada for any reason???

Then that explains the customs official asking how much luggage i had... prolly thought i was planning on overstaying my visa.

LordViykor said:
Have fun RS, good time to be away from OZ it's too cold here.

anything below 20C is cold for a queenslander, so I guess it's cold here too.

stillmanz said:
keep us posted, you no I could have made you some poutin you didn't have to fly all the way over there.... lol
I expect a present when you get back, something nice

lol
cheers

Mick

They got this stuff called moose droppings. Want some of that?

I'll look into it for you mick. Want something canadian, food, hot, what?? I prolly owe you for the deep fried mars bar anyways.

RS

Observations from up over

1. The toilets are not water efficient. It's like going in a small swimming pool.

2. The water goes the WRONG WAY down the plug hole in the shower

3. The stars are all wrong (where's my southern cross?)

4. Note to self: Look LEFT first when crossing the road. BUT cars actually give way to pedestrians here.

5. Tree rats and tree mice give definition to "scampering".

All for now,

RS

ring sting said:
I'll look into it for you mick. Want something canadian, food, hot, what?? I prolly owe you for the deep fried mars bar anyways.

RS
Canada is famous for their maple sryup so you can get him that or maple candy....or moose droppings....

Jeopardy Answer: SH##!! What is Australian Beer?

I hate to admit it, and my Aussie brethren, it is sadly true.

I have partaken of a few of Canada's brews:
Creemore's
Alexander Keith's
Moosehead
Steam Whistle

All are well and truly above the aussie standards.

I dont normally drink beer because I get a headache after about half a stubbie -- not a hangover, but something else. Here, no probs, no headache, no hangover.

Gooo Canada!

RS

ring sting said:
I hate to admit it, and my Aussie brethren, it is sadly true.

I have partaken of a few of Canada's brews:
Creemore's
Alexander Keith's
Moosehead
Steam Whistle

All are well and truly above the aussie standards.

I dont normally drink beer because I get a headache after about half a stubbie -- not a hangover, but something else. Here, no probs, no headache, no hangover.

Gooo Canada!

RS

Could be what's in the water.

Aussie beer that is very good
little creatures
James squires
Coopers

Aussie beer that is not
Fosters
VB
Fourex
etc etc etc etc etc

its in the hops
me I'm a amarilo hops man.

Another interesting happening.

My wife had traveled ahead of me by about 2 weeks with our young baby. She is still nursing, and has been using reusable breast pads between feeds to stop embarassing leakage stains on her shirts.

The in-law's dog had taken a liking to breast milk and ate about 10 cloth pads before anyone noticed. A trip to the vet confirmed what had happened, dog went under the knife and is recovering well.

My mom in law came home with a 1 and 1/2 lb bag of cloth recovered from the dog.

RS

Hey dude - what time we meeting Friday? I took the day off, so afternoon is fine if you'd prefer. Did you get my PM about the Slye Fox? If you would rather go east, there's a place in Toronto's west end, at QEW and Kipling, called Hollywoods. Beers aren't as great, but the wings are.

Cheers.

Ken

Back