• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Having a holiday in Ontario, visiting Toronto area and Ottawa

ring sting said:
Oh no... Hey Chililover, wife with headache, screaming baby doesnt equal pleasant stop..

I'm trying to find time to get to the Steam Museum in Hamilton sometime after i get back from Ottawa. I will pm you if i pull it off, and swing by for a beer/pop.

Any we only decided to go to the Falls on Sunday night, so not much chance to organise something unless you're like IGG and more or less trying to hatch a new internet by sitting on this one..

RS

Sounds good, do you still have any Aussie sauces to trade?

If you do get down here there is a place here that has a wing eating contest. If you can eat 20 of their wings with this deadly hot sauce you get a shirt and pic on the wall. I heard not many have done it. It would be cool for us to give it a go. They make you sign a waiver. If you make it I have a bottle of Blair's Mega death for ya. Also theres a place near by that sells Blairs sauces. Heres a link on the wing challenge.
http://mysticjacks.com/HadesChallenge/tabid/4086/Default.aspx

Chilly Chiles -- Navan Ontario

Wow.

This store has as good a range, if not better, as Taste: The 4th Sensation.

I picked up a couple more, a bottle of Screaming Sphincter for Lord V, a mild chipotle for my friends with whom we are staying, and also a bottle of Tropical Tears, Mango Hab sauce and Orange Krush Hab sauce.

Tropical Tears, altho' a mango sauce, appears to be carrot based, and Orange Krush is spicy, with the citrus flavours of habs, but no added orange. More a pure hab sauce.

Not as many sauces open to try, but dont let this discourage anyone in the vicinity or travelling by. The range, and the prices are competitive, and the owner is quite knowledgeable.

RS

Ottawa so far

I have been to the aviation museum and also to the Byward Market district.

The Aviation Museum is great, but sadly, not all of their planes are on display, but i did get to see their beaver.

There's a lancaster bomber in the museum, and some other war planes, ME109, spitfire. A few helicopters, some jets.

If you like planes, good place to see. I arrived at 1pm, and was kicked out at closing at 5pm. I could have spent another couple of hours there as well.

Byward market district is full of restaurants and bars, and also has some market stalls with fruit and veg, and also flowers. One patisserie is capitalising on Prez Obama's visit.

Is it missable? If you got a packed schedule, find maybe 1/2 hr to visit, get a beaver tail (like a big cinnamon donut) and walk around. If I was here longer, I would probably have found more time to try the different eateries, but as it was, I had a very nice micro brewery beer and then a casual, 6/10 Vietnamese meal.

RS

Got a nice birthday present in the mail, and you Aussies are just great!
First, thanks to Ringsting for sending me the sauces.
Also thanks alot to Stillmanz for the devil's tongue jerk, and Neil for the Nagasav. I've only just sampled the sauces a bit and so far they are fantastic. I haven't been feeling well and my Doc has me off spicy food and alcohol, but I think I'm going to have to suffer tonight and celebrate:)
Thanks again mates!

POTAWIE said:
Got a nice birthday present in the mail, and you Aussies are just great!
First, thanks to Ringsting for sending me the sauces.
Also thanks alot to Stillmanz for the devil's tongue jerk, and Neil for the Nagasav. I've only just sampled the sauces a bit and so far they are fantastic. I haven't been feeling well and my Doc has me off spicy food and alcohol, but I think I'm going to have to suffer tonight and celebrate:)
Thanks again mates!
Off spicy food and alcohol...........:shocked:What else is there?

glad you like it Potawie. Rs is a good man for slingin those sauces out to everyone.
I owed you a bottle from about a year ago for some seeds you sent me.
It came back broken and I never sent another... sorry.
But RS came through so... Yay
I feel alot better.

Return of the Sauces

Here's pics and a list of the sauces I brought back.

Thanks to Hot Kanuck, Jeff from Taste: The 4th Sensation in Toronto and Chilly Chiles in Navan ON.

100_2206-2.jpg

And from another angle
100_2202-1.jpg

From the top, left to right:

TOP ROW
Betty B's Mild Pepper Sauce
Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce
Tropical Tears Mango Habanero Sauce
Salsa Lizano
Screaming Sphincter Cayenne Pepper Sauce
DEFCON DM MK II
DEFCON 1 Wing Sauce

MIDDLE ROW
Relish This! Hot and Spicy Vegetable Relish
Wet Fart Hot Sauce -- XX Hot with pooh
Crazy Jerry's Brain Damage
Queen of Farts
Pain is Good Batch #218
Psycho Bitch
Meltdown Marlin
No Smokin' at the Table
Montreal Steak Spice

FRONT ROW
Cajohn's Chipotle
Cajohn's Magma
Melinda's Amarillo
WOW Wasabi Sauce (has chilli in it too)
The Ghost hot sauce with Bhut Jolokia
Captain Spongefoot Sriracha
Cajohn's Scorch

IN FRONT
Hot Sauce Harry's Dead Heat

Ring Sting

Steak spice is for a friend.

Yes, a good selection, and the customs dude in Aus had the pic of our luggage up on the x-ray: "What's this? Hot sauce. And this one? Hot sauce. And the big ones here? Maple syrup. And that? Candy. And that there? Hot sauce....

You can imagine the rest. Luckily, happy just to x-ray, no need to open the bags.

Back