• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Having a holiday in Ontario, visiting Toronto area and Ottawa

Hey HC

Yeah, I got your message, sorry I did not respond.

I got an email from Hot peppa and left a phone message for him.

Slye Fox sounds good to me, and time isnt a problem, any time friday is good.

Will get more deets as soon as i can.

I'm going out today for a bbq, but hopefully we can get all the ducks in a row by tonight.

RS

Cool. Well, like I said before, if Hotpeppa knows a good place in Oakville, I am fine with that too. I just don't know any of the pubs there.

ill bring some of scorpions LUST sauce to the meeting friday... anyone have a video camera ? maybe we can film all three of trying out his sauce as well as others if we can handle it...lol

should be good...

RingSting, got your message, just waiting to get a moment to give you a shout...

Burlington is cool with me as well...

just let me know what time...thanks

Hey all,

Planning on going to MEC in Burlington first, and then if someone can pick me up and take me to the Fox?? Just need to know a time.

As you know, I will be bringing a variety of Aussie sauces.

looking forward to meeting,

RS

ring sting said:
Hey all,Planning on going to MEC in Burlington first, and then if someone can pick me up and take me to the Fox?? Just need to know a time.
As you know, I will be bringing a variety of Aussie sauces.
looking forward to meeting,
RS

??? MEC ??? break it down dude.

I am good from any time after noon... Hotpeppa - what's work schedule????

I upgraded from Defcon 1 and had DM MKII chicken breasts tonite...holy **** ... I think I've gone soft... A big bottle is on your sauce exchange Ring... :hell:

ring sting said:
Penny and chillilover, where in ON are you guys? I'm travelling to Ottawa from Toronto via 60 Hway, got some family to visit up there, so if you're out that way I'd be glad to drop off some sauces.

RS

Hi there,

I am 6 hours away from Ottawa, i live on Georgian Bay ;)

HC: MEC = Mountain Equipment Co-op, outdoor gear store.

Oh no, what have I done?? Defcon 1.... uh oh... Well, I guess I'll have a go, so long as you eat some special sauce I brought along...

Hi Penny,

I won't be getting up to Georgian Bay, but good to hear from you. I'll gladly send you a bottle of any sauces I got left over, send me a PM after Friday to discuss.

RS

Looks like my in-laws went shopping... I see some of Dave's Insanity and Ginger Peach in the fridge. Will eat with breakfast!!

Will put Stillz' Bramble Bay Louisiana Style Hot Sauce back in the fridge.

ring sting said:
HC: MEC = Mountain Equipment Co-op, outdoor gear store.
Oh no, what have I done?? Defcon 1.... uh oh... Well, I guess I'll have a go, so long as you eat some special sauce I brought along...RS

You are getting both a Defcon 1 and a DM MKII... Defcon 1 is in my top 3 alltime sauces... I use on just about everything...:cool:

Hey ring sting, I just seen read this post again today and saw that you asked where I lived and that you were meeting today in Burlington. Too bad, I would have probably came down. I live about 40 minutes away. How are you enjoying your stay here? Its been unseasonably cold and rainy for July but at least you can do more with out being so hot.

well, a very successful lunch. Hot peppea wasn't able to make it, but I invited a friend I was with at my curryhouse last night, and he, Ringsting and myself put away 6 pounds of wings, ran up a tab just under $200.00 ( all Ringsting...lol...), and tested a variety of sauces.

Stillmanz, Hippyseed, Lord Vykor - I sampled 3,2 and 2 sauces of yours. Awesome flavor. You guys definitely take a different approach. I was very impressed. Stillmanz - your competition sauce was great. All in all, a little less heat than the sauces from here, but the flavour more than made up for it.

Cheers.

Ken

I got a dehydration headache last night. Does that count as a hangover?

It was great to put a face the the name Hot Canuck, and his friend J-man, and sad that Hotpeppa couldnt make it along.

Sorry to chilli lover, it woulda been good to meet you too.

Details are a little hazy, due to the *ahem* $100 bar tab. I do remember a rather good selection of sauces for tasting, and a bumper sticker...

I'm off to Taste: the 4th sensation today, so will sample some more goodies there!

RS

ring sting said:
I got a dehydration headache last night. Does that count as a hangover?

It was great to put a face the the name Hot Canuck, and his friend J-man, and sad that Hotpeppa couldnt make it along.

Sorry to chilli lover, it woulda been good to meet you too.

Details are a little hazy, due to the *ahem* $100 bar tab. I do remember a rather good selection of sauces for tasting, and a bumper sticker...

I'm off to Taste: the 4th sensation today, so will sample some more goodies there!

RS

lol... how'd the shopping go. Was Anthony there??? What did you get. Oh, and how was the band???

I had to have another go at the Stillmanz competition sauce.:flamethrower:

Hit a bar out here called Swazzees and just went with a pound of naked wings and the sauce. 9 out of 10 for heat, and 10 out of 10 for flavour. I got about a third of the bottle left - good for one more feast.

Next on the full plate of wings resampling is Hippyseeds Nagasav BBQ sauce...:cool:

What a great idea RS... You'll have to let me know how you liked the sauces I swapped once you get home and crack them open...

sounds like fun,
I hope Rs will bring some sauces to try on our wings when he gets back.
I'm always up for tastings.

stillmanz said:
sounds like fun,
I hope Rs will bring some sauces to try on our wings when he gets back.
I'm always up for tastings.

Going by memeory, but here is what I traded:

Defcon 1
Defcon DM MKII
CaJohns Magma
CaJohns Scorch
Anchor Bar medium wing sauce
Psycho Bitch hot sauce
Pain is Good - I think it was the cajun sauce.

I thought there was one more. A good variety anyways...:mouthonfire:

Back