Hello from Athens Ga

Hello everyone. I ran into THP searching for information on overwintering and fermenting peppers. I'm new to forum environments, but it looks like there are a lot of good folks here, and a lot to learn. I've been passionate about peppers for a long time, and most years I grow a few habaneros along with a few sweet peppers. This is the first year I've tried to do more than supplement the peppers I get at the local farmer's market. This year I've grown Chimayo, Nardello, Albino, Sweet Datil, Aji Dulce, Early Jalapeno, Verano, Grenada Seasoning, Thai Giant, Peri-peri, Cleo's Dragon, Red Savina. Most of my plants are in large containers on a large deck I built a few years ago. The variety of leaf shapes and shades of green and all the beautiful peppers ripening makes me so happy that I know I'm hooked.

One more thing by way of introducing myself - Pepper Guru's note that he is either working in the soil or climbing a giant fatali tree has really stuck with me. The idea of a pepper plant large enough to climb is awe inspiring. My Peri-peri is about six feet tall, which on hand makes me grin, and on the other encourages me to learn a lot more about growing 'em big and tall. What was it Jack traded for his magic beanstalk seeds?

Well, I'm grateful you guys are here passing on the lore and sharing your stories about peppers. Thanks.

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Looks like you've got a good set of plants to start off with :dance:

Good to see another well rounded pepper lover join the group. The guys here are great and some I believe have climbed their plant into the near heaven. At least they sound like they did.

Enjoy and welcome!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Balac, whether that's virtual climbing or literal, I reckon its all good - especially where we are driven to make our boasts real.

Here's a virtual toast to heavenly chilis. Kind of virtual. I'm actually toasting with a homebrew that's just getting ripe. I noticed there are some homebrewers here too. This is a fairly straight American pale ale with some coffee roasted malt and that is pleasantly dry hopped. It goes very well with the blackened (ground red savina - which is as hot a pepper as I've ever messed with) skirt steak I'm having for dinner.

Hello and welcome from Savannah GA.
My brother-inlaw lives in Athens. I go up about 6 or 7 times a year, got to go to the game you know. Glad you found the site.

Back