Hello from Connecticut

Hello everyone,

I am a little late to the introduction game as I have already posted multiple reviews for Pepperlover. My name is James Carney and I live in Hamden, Connecticut with my wife and two sons. I also have my 19 year old brother staying with me when he is not away at College (University of Maine). I am a former police officer, and I am trying to get a Masters of Education starting this spring.

I love peppers and have my whole life, but by no means would I ever claim to actually "know" peppers the way that others do on this site. I am learning new things every day. I am currently growing Trinidad Moruga Scorpions, Chocolate Bhut Jolokias, and Barrackpore 7-pots. I will be likely growing indoors for the New England Fall and subsequent Winter.

I am willing to do reviews for anyone that wants to send pods, sauces, salsas, rubs, etc. If it is a pepper or pepper based I'll review it. I have somewhat of a dry sense of humor and remain relatively serious during reviews. When my brother is home he will try some pods with me, while other times he will just watch with amusement or sometimes a genuine look of concern (see 7-Pot Lava). I may find a way to have my brother either trying peppers or just with me via skype during future reviews while he is at school.

I guess the thing I have going for me is threshold for both pain and heat. I've always looked at my threshold for pain as somewhat of a negative as I could break my wrist and play a full season of hockey just thinking that I needed to work out my wrist more rather than entertain the possibility that my slight discomfort could actually be broken bones. It seems one benefit of this threshold is that my pepper reviews can usually stay vocal. While the heat can be intense, I generally can remain focused and speak about the pepper.

All in all, this seems like the place for me.

All the best,

Carney

https://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyC0017?feature=mhee

Welcome from sunny South Florida!

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] "The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

Back