Hello from Flagstaff

Hello all!

I just joined the forum here and hope to learn a lot and share a lot also. I love chiles and spice (of course, of why am I here, LOL!) and cooking. I write a blog called Guerilla Chef Headquarters and hope folks will enjoy what I do there. My cooking style is very eclectic and avant garde, hence the "Guerilla Chef", but lean more towards Middle Eastern and Mediterranean. I like to review different foods I come across and like on Guerilla Chef also.

My chile passion is Habanero and Scotch Bonnet. I recently discovered Dundicutt chiles in my parrot's food and gleaned the chiles out to get the seeds and grow Dundicutts this Summer. ( I know the seeds are viable because we accidently grew a huge patch of Hubbard Squash by dumping her uneaten food in the backyard for the wild birds. So I know the seeds in the food are viable.) I am quite fascinated by the Naga Jolokia and would like to grow those if I can get some seeds. But what I REALLY want to grow is Scotch Bonnet. I had a rather bountiful harvest of Habaneros and Jalapenos last Summer. I discovered that out backyard is ideal for chile growing, though not ideal for anything else. Go figure.

Flagstaff is a green chile roasting hub for the whole of Northern Arizona and it's how you know Autumn is arriving here. The green chiles arrive from Hatch, New Mexico and they fire-roast them at different locations here in Flagstaff. The smell is intoxicating! I learned that I can run roasted green chiles through my dehydrator to preserve my chiles beyond what my freezer cna hold.

I love hot sauces and hot sauces were my introduction to the wonderful world of chiles. My other interests are wild mushroom gathering, foraging, traditional archery, reading, hiking, history, spices, World Music, embracing and learning about other cultures, and Nature. I hope to meet lots of good folks here to learn from!

Welcom_From_Wisconsin.gif

Enjoy_The_Site_Spicy_Chicken.gif

Back