Hello from Portland UK

Hi all,

My name is Alex, I have been growing Chillis for years and using internet forums for a variety of other subjects for even longer but it has never occured to me that there might be chilli lovers forums....well turns out you guys have been here the whole time!

So here I am, I love gardening especially chillis, have an allotment where I grow a lot of other veg. I love eating chillis, sometimes just for the buzz of the heat but alos in cooking, especially Thai style food (big Indian food lover as well but have never got any good at cooking it).

I live on the Isle of Portland in Dorset which IMO is about the most perfect chilli climate in the UK, about as far south as you can get, lots of sun, very little cloud because we are out in the sea and no frost ever.

I have had a lot going on this year so it has been a fairly quite season for me chilli growing, that said I have got about 20 plants fruiting at the moment, all of them overwintered from last year (my oldest is 6 years old now!) Got a fair representation out there: jalapenos, Cayennes, habeneros, scotch bonnets, California wonder (sweet), Romano pointed (sweet), tepin, Dorset Naga, Bhut jolokia, hungarian hot wax, tabasco.....also a few that I am not sure because they are not fruiting yet and I didn't label them before overwintering so i'm not sure which varieties survived.

This year I am just going to be saving as much seed as I can for a proper season next year - also looking to increase the varieities I have reasy for next year.

looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

A very big welcome from Australia mate! You are growing some very nice variety of chillis i must say!

Back