Hello from South Carolina

I've been farming for many yrs. and have always grown hot peppers. I grow them a lot better than I eat them..:lol:

Just this yr. I grew some Thai Hots from seeds that a friend sent me from Thailand. They seem to be much hotter that Thai Hots bought here. I grow Habenaro - Scotch Bonnets also. I'm also a beekeeper - the bees do a great job of polination for the entire garden. The honey works good in hpt pepper recipes.

Thanks for reading....Steve

Welcome from a former grower in South Carolina. What part are you in? We will help be able to eat them a little better.:lol:

jacob

Welcome from Fort Worth

jjs7741 said:
Welcome from a former grower in South Carolina. What part are you in? We will help be able to eat them a little better.:lol:

jacob

Jacob...

I live off Hwy 101 toward Woodruff - grew up in Greenville and still work there. Where are you now..?

My dad was a bee keeper too so I know what you're tawkin bout.

Armadillo...

I like the bees. They've been keeping me for about 5 yrs now. I have been been hit hard by CCD ( Colony Collapse Disorder ) - lost 7 hives last yr. - have 6 strong hives left. At one time I had 20 hives - almost too many to keep up with everything else on the farm..... I'll always have bees - we have to protect them. It is believed Albert Einstein said. " When the bees go so do we, no more pollination, no more man ."

Thanks for the Welcomes from all over the world...

SteveSC said:
Jacob...

I live off Hwy 101 toward Woodruff - grew up in Greenville and still work there. Where are you now..?

I live next to the Donaldson Center. Closer to Mauldin, but a Greenville address. Hope you don't lose any more bees this year. Honeybees are getting rarer around here. I did see some for the first time in years last year though. They loved my basil I let go to seed.

jacob

Back