Hello from Wisconsin

Hello,

I have been a pepper fan since I was a kid, and consider myself a noob when it comes to growing them. I have not grown peppers or planted a garden in many years, but decided to get back into it last spring. I had mixed results, but had fun, and learned a lot. I stumbled upon this site the other day and was blown away with all of the information.

Cheers

:welcome:  to the THP forums from SC! You certainly found the best place in regards to anything pepper related... all the knowledge you may need to help you have a better grow this year! And best of luck with that grow!  ;) Cheers!

Hello from Kansas. What is your growing season like up there? Are you going to stick with indoors mainly? Also, I stumbled across this website myself not long ago while looking up some research on growing peppers. This is a one stop shop for everything you need. There are many what I would call pepper experts here. Good vendors, tips, etc.  I feel more prepared for 2016 than I have in previous years for growing peppers. You really have to have patience which is hard for me sometimes!

GhostPepperz said:
Hello from Kansas. What is your growing season like up there? Are you going to stick with indoors mainly? Also, I stumbled across this website myself not long ago while looking up some research on growing peppers. This is a one stop shop for everything you need. There are many what I would call pepper experts here. Good vendors, tips, etc.  I feel more prepared for 2016 than I have in previous years for growing peppers. You really have to have patience which is hard for me sometimes!
The Bhut Jolokia is my favorite as well. I want to grow the peach bhut but was unable to aquire seeds this year. I'm in zone 4a, and have only grown peppers last year here. All of my gardening experience came when I lived in zone 5b, so its a little different. I had a few super hots last year that just started to produce at the end of the season so I only got a few pods from those, but that was enough to fall in love with the ghost pepper. My plan this year is to start seeds earlier, and try not to buy plants from the local greenhouse. I started 17 varieties last weekend, and will probably start a few more as well as my tomatos this weekend. As far as the indoor, i just started last fall, but I do like it, and will continue.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum GP

Back