• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help me identify these please

So I have some plants that I need help identifying, or confirming they are what I bought them as. 

So, from left to right:

1. I have no idea what this is. Friend gave me seeds thinking they were jamaican scotch bonnets. 
2. Yellow Bhut Yolokia. I had this one overwintered from last year.
3. Got seeds for this which should've been Congo Black (chocolate habanero), however I dont think this is the case. It is some sort of habanero however, correct?
4. Seeds for this one were sold as Habanero Orange. This could be it, right?
5. Supposedly seeds for this one were sold as Habanero Red Savina. Could that be it?
6. Carolina Reaper Yellow. Can anyone confirm?
7. Peach Tiger (Cross between Pink Tiger and 7 Pot BBG Mamp)

cRD4sQF.jpg

Your 2 cents would be well appreciated! 

Your 3 and 5 look like the the Habanero type from my 1st pic below to me. Unfortunately I don't know what it is (other than that it came in my Caribbean Habanero Mix from here: http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/habanero-caribbean-mix-seeds

2 Could certainly be a Yellow Bhut Yolokia, but it could also pass for one of my fataliis. Trying to tell purely from pods (especially just 1 pod is really hard IMO). (2nd pic)

4 Looks exactly like my Orange Habaneros (2nd column 3rd pic - Top 2 are orange and bottom 3 are peach)

Attachments

• 20190930_194447.jpg
    20190930_194447.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190930_195420.jpg
    20190930_195420.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190813_093705 (1).jpg
    20190813_093705 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 111
kanikedude03 said:
Your 3 and 5 look like the the Habanero type from my 1st pic below to me. Unfortunately I don't know what it is (other than that it came in my Caribbean Habanero Mix from here: http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/habanero-caribbean-mix-seeds

2 Could certainly be a Yellow Bhut Yolokia, but it could also pass for one of my fataliis. Trying to tell purely from pods (especially just 1 pod is really hard IMO). (2nd pic)

4 Looks exactly like my Orange Habaneros (2nd column 3rd pic - Top 2 are orange and bottom 3 are peach)

3 and 5 are different shapes. Maybe I didnt choose the most appropriate ones to tell the difference, but the pods are really easily distinguished.

How could I tell Ghost from Fatalii? Your yellow fatalii looks almost the same as my ghost lol. Now I'm doubting I have ghosts haha

Regarding No. 4... Hm, doesn't it look more like your Peach Habanero? They are really Peachy color

OK, I'll say it- maybe I'm drunk, but if #7 is a peach tiger, I don't even know what it is we are doing anymore with naming peppers.  

2 looks like a pepper I had that was supposed to be  a yellow bhut but seemed really close to my yellow fataalis.  4 Orange hab all day long, 5 could be a stunted Red Savina but prob just a red hab.  Red habs are everywhere.  6 I would make the same guess.

Bottom line is- do you like how they taste?

boutros said:
OK, I'll say it- maybe I'm drunk, but if #7 is a peach tiger, I don't even know what it is we are doing anymore with naming peppers.  

2 looks like a pepper I had that was supposed to be  a yellow bhut but seemed really close to my yellow fataalis.  4 Orange hab all day long, 5 could be a stunted Red Savina but prob just a red hab.  Red habs are everywhere.  6 I would make the same guess.

Bottom line is- do you like how they taste?

Amen to that. I find naming peppers ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Is it possible to tell yellow ghost from fatalli by tasting it? It's ridiculously hot.

Pod number 5 is a bit different shape than the rest of the pods on tree, I can post a picture of another pod later.

Regarding taste... I like Habaneros the most, but I like making hot sauce from super hots (reaper, ghosts. etc.) because of the ridiculous heat and the fact you dont need many to produce large amount of hot sauce.

The #4 ones I had a like last or two years ago that looked exactly like that pod in your pic-  not really hot at all to me.  The ones I had anyway...  I'm not sure to be honest then, if yours are hot I'd just save some seed stock if you like it and put both names with a question mark?  Wish I could be of more help on that.  I saved my stock of that variety but not sure if I will ever really grow again.  If you enjoy it though- hot enough etc.  why not?

Can understand wanting to know what is what for sure though.  Seems like you are never know what yiou are gonna get these days.

You have anymore pods from 1? Pods vary so much that 1 pod alone doesn't tell much IMO. I planted 7 pots and trinidad moruga scorpions this year and the pods are so close that I honestly don't know which one is which. All I know is that they are both hot. Maybe with some more years of experience I'll be able to tell, but I think as others have said, you can't really obsess over not knowing. Just taste what you have and regrow the seeds for what you like. That's the best advice I can give.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

kanikedude03 said:
You have anymore pods from 1? Pods vary so much that 1 pod alone doesn't tell much IMO. I planted 7 pots and trinidad moruga scorpions this year and the pods are so close that I honestly don't know which one is which. All I know is that they are both hot. Maybe with some more years of experience I'll be able to tell, but I think as others have said, you can't really obsess over not knowing. Just taste what you have and regrow the seeds for what you like. That's the best advice I can give.

post-14781-0-06343400-1541235698_thumb.jpg

kanikedude03 said:
My point was simply that I personally get a lot of variance between pods. For instance, all 3 of these in the photo attached are from the same plant. I was just hoping to see more pods off that plant for reference. That's all.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. See pic below - note the 3 different pod types?

V1LUKG6.jpg

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Sorry for any misunderstanding. See pic below - note the 3 different pod types?

V1LUKG6.jpg

No worries man. I just felt that the OP was still wondering what his pod was that is numbered as 1. The plant in the picture does an excellent job showing the type of pod variance that I've been experiencing this year. Any idea what causes that? I assumed it was a lot of factors (light, watering, temperature, nutrients, soil PH, etc.) I noticed that pods that developed in the dog days of summer, looked worse than ones that grew in the more mild days. But that may just be all in my head. BTW, what is the type of this plant? It looks identical to one that I'm growing. I have it labeled as scotch bonnet or orange blob. Just curious what yours "officially" is . The flavor of the pods from my plant that looks like this is nice though so I'll regrow future years

Here are some more pods of the #1 type from my original post. If that helps:

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_175232.jpg
    IMG_20191009_175232.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20191009_175224.jpg
    IMG_20191009_175224.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 117
Back