• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HELP ME PLEASE

i have some great looking plants and i am almost ready to start the 'hardening off process'....

im a little confused as to what i should do...

here is my question....

i am growing in coco coir at the moment and need to repot my plants into their final containers for the season....

having the plants grown in coco coir indoors since January and being that it is time to start ' hardening off ', should i change medium ?

if so, what do you suggest... any advice would be great, thanks.

i need to do final transplant... and i have 30 plants...

straight coco coir is too expensive for 30 large containers..

Find some Pro-mix a product of Canada. The best growing medium for peppers. I don't see why you cannot just plant you coco rooted plants in this stuff. I wouldn't rinse the coco from the root ball.

I agree, I wouldn't rinse the coco from the root ball. But be careful as the coco tends to colapse when you repot, so first I'd wait till they hardened off.

Do a organic soil mix with coco ? 60-40 ? If you got compost do a 50%soil 30%coco 20%compost mix, if you got worm castings, etc etc etc - Just do different types of mix, you will find something that works for your environment and is cheap enough!

I use a
Peat puck and pure coco to propagate indoors & and trasplant into;
Soil, coco, garden and kitchen compost, worm castings, perlite, horse/sheep/rabbit shit compost; MIX with Sugar cane- mulch for outdoors~!
About 50% soil

Harden off first, then transplant with superthrive in moist dark environment. IMO

GOOD LUCK !

Back