• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Help Needed!

My Dad asked me to germinate a few tomato seeds for him and keep them alive until they were planted outside. At that point he would take over. I know they were planted way to early but he insisted. Anyway, that isn't the problem. Two of the plants have developed something on their leaves. I keep trying to look up what it is but I feel as if too many things look similar to my untrained eye. I hope you guys can help. Here are two pics of the same thing basically. Not that good of a shot but I hope it will do. I haven't been able to find any bugs so I was guessing it might be some type of virus. The spots on the leaves have become almost translucent.

100_0023.jpg

100_0022.jpg

Thanks

i would like to know as well...

as i have a few pepper plants that did look like that and eventually the spots turned to holes...

i did pick the leaves off...

but still curious to know what it is...

no other leaves since have had it... even the new growth...

maybe hot spots from the lights i think...

Yeah when looking through it all I couldnt really find exactly what was troubling you.....I'll see what else i can dig up!

Thanks for the effort scorpion. I still cannot seem to figure this out. It seems like something bacterial with small spots and yellow ring around the affected area. The only problem is the bacterial stuff seems to result in brown or black coloration not white or translucent. I am concerned of something viral because of a little upward leaf curling. I am still holding off on chucking them. I have isolated them as much as possible in the limited space. Going to give it a little more time.

I have the same thing on my Trinidad Perfumes. What kinds of tomatoes are you growing? I have some extras tomato plants, and can send you a couple if you'd like.

origamiRN said:
I have the same thing on my Trinidad Perfumes. What kinds of tomatoes are you growing? I have some extras tomato plants, and can send you a couple if you'd like.

Nothing special. My dad had me start them for him. Brandywine, Beefmaster, Early Girl, Supersweet 100, and Jelly Bean. I am going to ride it out a little longer. If they get worse I am going to just chuck them and start some more. Thanks for the offer on the extra plants though.

Josh said:
Nothing special. My dad had me start them for him. Brandywine, Beefmaster, Early Girl, Supersweet 100, and Jelly Bean. I am going to ride it out a little longer. If they get worse I am going to just chuck them and start some more. Thanks for the offer on the extra plants though.

Josh, find out where your county extension office is and talk to them, even email them a picture. They are a very powerful research tool and that is what they do. I am sure they can help.

Josh, did ya ever find out what was causing these spots?

A few leaves on the tomatoes I planted have recently developed the same looking spots. I was just curious :)

inolan22 said:
Josh, did ya ever find out what was causing these spots?

A few leaves on the tomatoes I planted have recently developed the same looking spots. I was just curious :)

I am really sorry but no I didn't. The plants got really leggy, didn't look healthy, and needed to be potted up so I chucked them. I wanted to pick up a few nice varieties for my dad at Cross Country Nurseries to replace them but he bought some at Lowes already. No big deal I will just order some seeds for him when I order pepper seeds in the Fall.

lee said:
You should ask sorelina.

Yea very true. It is too late now. Thanks though.

Back