• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Help!!! what kind of bug does this?? And what should I do? PIC

ohnom.jpg

For slugs you can set out a few jar lids full of beer as traps. The slugs will will crawl into the beer and drown.

Alan

millworkman said:
Looks like slugs to me. Diatomaceous Earth.

+2

Get that sucker and make him pay dearly! A slow agonizing death by a million tiny cuts from tiny diatom shells will serve him right!

secretz said:
with or without the slugs? I mean, I know some people like to eat the worm w/ tequila...but snails and beer?

Haven't you hear of escargot?

If the plants are still in pots salt can be a cheap and easy to find solution - just put a string of salt around the pots and no slug will cross it. Don't get it in the pots!!! You could also put salt on any slugs you find to kill them without having to get your fingers sticky, I doubt that anyone would report you for animal cruelty;)

I haven't seen any slugs. do they come out at night or what? There is a hole bunch of ants in my back yard,do they destroy plants? well like that

Ok...this may sound mildly retarded but...I recently(ok,ok...3 months ago) changed the oil on my bike and had just slid the drain pan full of oil under my work bench and when I got the itch to clean and pulled it out from under there...there were like 15 dead slugs hangin out in the oil...

RS67Man said:
+2

Get that sucker and make him pay dearly! A slow agonizing death by a million tiny cuts from tiny diatom shells will serve him right!
I personally get quite a bit of enjoyment and a feeling of satisfaction using the salt method... but maybe that's just me.

Back