• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help with identifying cultivar

Hi all. My first post here - just became a member today ;)

I was revcently given a few chillis about an inch long which change from green, through what seems like black, but could be purple and then to red.

Its a mild chilli and I have kept some of the seeds for growing as it is such a pretty bush, with all 3 colours at the same time.

Any help with ID please?

antwest said:
Hi all. My first post here - just became a member today ;)

I was revcently given a few chillis about an inch long which change from green, through what seems like black, but could be purple and then to red.

Its a mild chilli and I have kept some of the seeds for growing as it is such a pretty bush, with all 3 colours at the same time.

Any help with ID please?

Welcome, I could guess for you? What are the shape of the pods? Maybe its a Black Pearl?:)

Welcome from Virginia. I'm trying to grow a Purple Tiger myself this year, but don't know if that's what you have.

Hi all and thanks a ton for the responses! I used the chillis, so can't post a pic, but will check out the info supplied by Captain Murphy and JungleRain and report back :)

Having looked at JungleRain's suggested site, thcehileman it would appear to be Haitian Purple. The only difference is that the pods were so dark that they looked black.

Otherwise, the way they grow, almost erect on the bush, as well as the shape are identical. I will now check the results of planting the seeds yesterday and feed back info on this delightful little gem.

Thanks again everyone for your helpfulness :):):)
What an awesome site ........

Back