Help with mystery seeds...

Not to worry - I love to experiment, and I have more than enough light to support a plant like this. I will keep it in a not too huge pot, so I can control the growth, somewhat.

It will be fun to see how it works out...

: )

P.S. The person who sent them to me didn't even tell me what they were, other than saying they were 'flower' seeds. I planted them just so I could get a look at them, and now I can't bring myself to do away with them all. I must see them, even if just for awhile.

Thanks for all the great tips and advice, everyone.

One more thing I wanted to ask...

Are these plants cold-hardy? Obviously I know they won't survive our winters, but wondering if it might mind a cool but bright foyer? Just curious.

Where I live right now it's 2-3C, but some areas with growing Castor plants go to -5C and I would think they'll survive if it won't last long. their biggest enemy is the lack of water, not the weather.

This is really bad.

Now I have another plant I have to try to grow. Pretty soon I won't have any rome for my chiles...

Omri said:
1. the electricity here costs more
2. CP, I'm practically your neighbor and growing with every possible form of artificial light...
1.I wish i knew how to build solar panels from scratch without being dependant on our electrical bills...:shocked:
2.Thanks Man:cool:(you can count on me to ask you about those things as soon as you'll feel a bit better);)

Well, here are the cotyledon leaves, trying to rise up this evening...

DSCI1321.jpg

Oh gosh, how come I've doomed you all?!!! Didn't mean to - just trying to grow a nice plant, I swear.

Yeah, the sprout is huge. An indication of how massive the plant will be!

: O

Here is my tall little seedling now. Keeping only one plant, so I thinned the other sprouts.

These are just the cotyledon leaves now, but the 1st set of trues leaves are beginning to form. I can see that this is a very fast growing plant...

DSCI1324.jpg

I wouldn't worry about any invasive plant grown in a pot unless at some point you throw the plant and dirt away and are left with an empty pot, throw fresh dirt into the pot and it grows back. Then your screwed. :lol:

Back