• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Here come the pods!!!!

Nice harvest of pods today.... Cappy Brain Strain 7's at the top, then fataliis and a cayenne, then Fatalii chocolate hab cross...

DSCN0909.jpg

Brain Strain 7pots. Nuking Futz!!!

DSCN0910.jpg

Good job on the harvest Five*. Why dehydrating first pods, this is the time to use them fresh or make a sauce. Your brain strain looks like the real deal in your pics, I've had a few with tails. The other two look more like most I have seen. At least the crossed Choc. Hab/Fatalli has nice pods to sauce. Enjoy the heat but be kind with those 7 Pod Cappy.:flamethrower:

Looking mighty fine there 5* mighty fine. Is this the best time or what. First thing I do every morning is head outside, grab my chilli perusing chair and start perusing.:) Finding that ripe red and yellow just makes me want to scream.

Just think all of us who started with the Fatalii contest have been waiting for this moment for eight months. It was worth it to me, how about you?

Hope your pepper picking has just begun.

Sumptuous plate of pods 5star! Those Fatalii/Hab cross pods look very similar to mine. They must be making the rounds. I really enjoy the heat and flavor of them, I'm going to try and grow them again next year.

bigt said:
Sumptuous plate of pods 5star! Those Fatalii/Hab cross pods look very similar to mine. They must be making the rounds. I really enjoy the heat and flavor of them, I'm going to try and grow them again next year.

How can a brown pod crossed with a yellow pod be red?

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Good job on the harvest Five*. Why dehydrating first pods, this is the time to use them fresh or make a sauce.

Have no fear, I'm using fresh pods. I'm just using the tray as a way to display the pods. What I don't use fresh the day of harvest are getting dried or frozen though, since I'm picking pods every day. I plan on making a few big batches of sauce with single varieties in the fall. The Brainey 7's however, I'm not sure about. So much heat, I might just add these pods to personal batches for me to keep.

chillilover said:
How can a brown pod crossed with a yellow pod be red?

Apparently, red is dominant over yellow. If you check out the details in the first post of this this thread....

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?p=235407&highlight=cross#post235407

you'll catch the rundown on the genetics...

Thanks for the kind words folks! I can tell that i'll be quite busy over the next month or so harvesting. Maybe Fatalii poppers will make be a reality soon in the popper forum...

Back