• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking here's some fatty's

well heres some juicey fat venison steaks I just grilled up ;):drooling: & yes they're dam tasty!
the one on the left is on the verge of being a 96'er like in the "great outdoors" movie w/john candy ;) (or whatever size it was?) ok they dont look like a normal steak cut, thats because I cut up the deer myself.

SUNP0003.jpg

Looks good as does everything on the grill ...Im going for my first attempt at venison sausage later this week... Then have some back straps and butterfly some loins

xgrafcorex said:
i've never had venison before..but that looks like a pretty good reason to give it a try! :lol:

Well, heck if you didn't live so far I'd hook ya up!!:)

Now about those steaks. I usually cut them up myself as well. It depends on if I have the time though. I know I came back with 2 deer from Kentucky last year and I had to get to work. I packed the cavitie's with ice and drove them straight to the butcher. I didn't want them to spoil. I enjoy cutting them myself with my own meat grinder and a filet knife though. I noticed I'm pickier with my cuts than the butcher with a meat saw.

Back