food Holy Mole!

PepperZ said:
Never had mole. Is there any specific way you are supposed to eat it? I see it used hot on meat/chicken often. Can you eat it cold on whatever? I read Mole is typically considered the main dish itself and everything you eat it with is secondary.

I like to grill or roast a cut up chicken and then slather or bathe it in mole prior to plating with a bit of rice on the side.   <-- That's how I eat it most often.  I'll also eat it cold straight from the fridge mixed with a bit of mayo slathered on bread for sandwiches though.  

mole revival 

made rick bayless' mole coloradito for some simple enchiladas. I also made some amazing chicken broth by complete accident. Sautéed half a white onion then put it in a small pot with 2 chicken breasts, some salt and water to cover and simmered on low while for maybe an hour or a little more. The chicken breast was just for shredding but it turns out the broth tasted like an amazing consommé. Back to the mole, pretty easy simple recipe, worst part is the time it takes to cook and the splatter mess. splatter guard mucho necesito. Blackened some onions and bell peppers then added mushrooms and spinach. Once that was done, added trader joe's blend of shredded swiss and gruyere which melted on site. No oven necessary, filled tortillas then added the mole. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igs6Dz6VFIc

Attachments

• enchilada1.jpg
    enchilada1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 79
  • enchilada2.jpg
    enchilada2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 82
  • enchilada3.jpg
    enchilada3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 76
Back