• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Homemade Hoop House Plans?

I've had it with this heat! One of my Bhuts died today! Are there any good contruction plans to make a hoop house?

FAREWELL MY BELOVED LITTLE ONE! FAREWELL!

dead.gif

I've priced one out that should run set me back about $30 not including the plastic. My mom (thank god for Moms) was so excited about me getting into gardening she bought me the plastic cover material as a gift, but said it ran about $70, so in total it's about $100. It's going to be 10' wide and 12' deep. It's mostly based on the plans from the link below, although slightly less involved.

http://doorgarden.com/10/50-dollar-hoop-house-green-house

I've priced one out that should run set me back about $30 not including the plastic. My mom (thank god for Moms) was so excited about me getting into gardening she bought me the plastic cover material as a gift, but said it ran about $70, so in total it's about $100. It's going to be 10' wide and 12' deep. It's mostly based on the plans from the link below, although slightly less involved.

http://doorgarden.com/10/50-dollar-hoop-house-green-house

well i live in miami and its super hot here so i wont be using plastic. ill be using a loose shade cloth to provide some airflow. ill def check out the site though. $50 sounds unbeatable.

another option I've seen is buying one of those picnic canopy tent things. Like for booths at street fairs/farmers markets kinda of things

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_089W030085270001P?prdNo=13&blockNo=13&blockType=G13

And then just close it off on all sides with your shade cloth. If you can find them on sale they can get pretty cheap

the problem with the tent is that itll get blown ina heavy thunderstorm unless you screw the legs down to a wooden frame or something. then just buy the plastic and cover the tent. although the plants wont recieve any sun during mid-day. so i dont think ill be going with that idea.

the problem with the tent is that itll get blown ina heavy thunderstorm unless you screw the legs down to a wooden frame or something. then just buy the plastic and cover the tent. although the plants wont recieve any sun during mid-day. so i dont think ill be going with that idea.

forget the T-Storms its Hurricane season now!!!!!!!!!

yeah i know. this rain sucks! im thinking maybe a layer of shade cloth and a layer of plastic over the top of the shade cloth. ill make the plastic so it rolls up and i only drop it when it rains.

You took it out of the heat and it's still like that? That one looks like it could bounce back if it were moved inside for a while, I've had worse looking plants come back from one foot in the grave...

If its not crispy it's still got hope ... get it inside in the cool and give it a fine foliar mist with fresh water repeatedly so the leaves stay moist, keep that up for a while (ie a day or so) and make sure its soil stays moist and it may be salvageable ...

do you have any idea of the length width and height of the plans you sent me. with a few modifications to the base, that could work

I've been looking at the same plans. The base is about 4 meters square.

I suffer the same sun problems here in Thailand, my plants are under a shade cloth which is under a banana tree and they're still getting sun burn.

Good luck.

If its not crispy it's still got hope ... get it inside in the cool and give it a fine foliar mist with fresh water repeatedly so the leaves stay moist, keep that up for a while (ie a day or so) and make sure its soil stays moist and it may be salvageable ...

+1

I completely agree with this remedy.

I've had plants look like the one in the picture and they've made a comeback so don't give up.

Bleash

Back