• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

hooda's Grow 2012 - Rise of the Clones

So today i just transplanted my first set of seedlings that are about 3 weeks old now and have started my new seeds I just got from pepperlover.com today.

3 week old peppers are:

Manzano
Gochu
Caribbean Red
Jalapeno
Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia
Fatalii
Aji Lemon
Aji Chuncho
Tepin
Red Habanero
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Maui Thai
7 Pod Yellow

Transplants were done a bit early for some but I think it was for the best as they were all in jiffy pellets and some of the seedlings were starting to root past the pellet and starting to dry out faster than I was comfortable with.

trans.jpg

Pepperlover.com was awesome and threw in Orange Hab, Red Hab, and Aji Chuncho with my order
icon_smile.gif
Also all of the seedlings I'm growing I still have extra seeds if anyone is interested in some trades.

Nice review. Heat huh. ?' 86. Lol. Must be nice. Here in the higher SoCal its been plus 90s all day sometimes even 100+. Even in the sunshade. 90s. Like I told romy. Spider mites suck. I've removed 4-7 tomato plants. And and flat of eggplants

Sucks!!

Nice review. Heat huh. ?' 86. Lol. Must be nice. Here in the higher SoCal its been plus 90s all day sometimes even 100+. Even in the sunshade. 90s. Like I told romy. Spider mites suck. I've removed 4-7 tomato plants. And and flat of eggplants

Sucks!!
True, its probably way hotter out there, but 86° at 10:50 in the morning is no fun.

Ok so I decied to clone my plants that are not doing so good. This, in itself, is not the best idea as you should only clone plants that are healthy, but I'm taking my chances.

My sanitary work area that have everything I need. Gloves, scalpel, shot glass, Clonex cloning gel, cuttings and Root Riot grow plugs(not pictured).
06dfd2b0.jpg

Eleven clones that are all precautionary just in case my ingrounds take a dive.
52b9e536.jpg

Most of these will be going hyroponic if they take. I'm building a recirculating drip system with coco coir/perlite medium at the moment. This will be the home for some of the clones. The others will be setup in a drain to waste system with a different ratio coir/perlite mix. Later.

Ok a rain day at work has allowed me to explore some. Good read and you season appears to have survived the bumps and come through.

Thanks for the cataloging of that Fatalii/Red Savina Cross(f2). In that garden was one lone true fatalii last year. Considering I pulled around 1000 seeds I am thinking one or 2 pods backcrossed with that lone fatalii or the stabilization is letting some fatalii out. I have 2 like that and they have more fatalii taste with just a hint of red savina flavor. Thicker skin then a fatalii too. I have another 2 with the more bulbous looking pods...with one being red and one yellow. Funny to see how the genetics flow. Isolating the ones with the fatalii phenotype and color for seed.

All is looking good.

Great to see pics of those awesome pods, hooda! And you are a
reviewer to be reckoned with; I bow to your courage! Hope the heat
isn't rackin' up your grow too bad. we're into a few days of 90-100 heat;
has been 95-98 in my pepper patch for the last two or three days, and looks
to continue for 4 or five more. Makes a guy want to have a cold beer. Okay, I
think I will!

Good on ya for doing the clones. Of course I'm biased there!
Have a great week, brother!

Great to see pics of those awesome pods, hooda! And you are a
reviewer to be reckoned with; I bow to your courage! Hope the heat
isn't rackin' up your grow too bad. we're into a few days of 90-100 heat;
has been 95-98 in my pepper patch for the last two or three days, and looks
to continue for 4 or five more. Makes a guy want to have a cold beer. Okay, I
think I will!

Good on ya for doing the clones. Of course I'm biased there!
Have a great week, brother!
Thank you. The heat has been pretty bad lately and my plants are really hating it. Keeps me busy keeping an eye on them, but im sure they'll be fine.

Ever since I seen your clones I been interested in doing the same. Just wish it wasn't for preservation, either way I hope they take. I didn't get the dome on them for first day because of the heat. I mist them regularly, hopefully they haven't transpired too much, but only time will tell if they take.

You might lose a few leaves, but they should pull through fine.

Interesting experiment bro! I hope things turn out for ya! Like I say, it never hurts to experiment, unless your experimenting with guns or explosives :rofl:

So I've been away for a bit, but here is a a couple photos.

So I got some peppers in the mail that I wasn't expecting from Pulpiteer. Excited about these, thanks!
092B20E9-BD18-47E0-9C79-B5B94700CAC4-555-0000004CDD3E341F.jpg

Some Ajis. Chucho and Lemon
83101E45-710A-4E8E-9619-DE637F6019F9-555-0000004CD96D3253.jpg

Clones are starting to root! Well at least one at the moment. I have lost two that had started rotting, which I expected to lose some. Hopefully some more will put some roots out, but if not its alrght.
882DDB63-F85F-45FD-B3E8-C43D0863FD2A-555-0000004CD48062F3.jpg

I'll get some garden shots when I have some time. Probably get to some video reviews also. Later.

Glad they made it out to you safely! Enjoy! I just checked the yellow manzanos from the seed you sent and my first one has got a small pod on it, so I may even get a pepper from it before the frost comes. We'll see, but I'm excited.

Back