• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Horseradish Chemical warfare

DEFCON Creator said:
.......was amazingly volatile, and you could basically watch it evaporate in front of your eyes, meanwhile filling the room with acid-like aerosol appeal. Great fun at parties. :cool:

Just like the time I was piss drunk and farted at the company Christmas party...good times!

Littlw "natural remedies shop" I visit on occassion- carries lots of stuff they make right there. Basic methods. They have a lot of vinegars, -vinegar extracts of things. I have a bottle of their horseradish vienegar (I am sure it is horseradish from Illinois- there is a horseradish festival there every year, soemwhere not far from me.)

They recommend it as a 'tonic'. I use it as such. It is part of my cold remedy. I'm not sure how else I'd use it, actually. Clears my sinuses right up!

hmmm...I have made hab/horseradish before from roots, and hot mustard w/ the asian powder...adn have the green powdered "wasabi" as well.

Perhaps I should combine 'em into some sort of EBiL Chinese Horsey-Habanero Hot Mustard? :twisted:

In case ppl hadn't seen my Habby Horseradish from Hell...

S6303891.jpg

Thread: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=13956

Here's the "wasabi" that I got last time at the asian store.
It's just horseradish powder and red pepper, but it still packs a good wallop.

Wasabi_Powder_(Wasabi_Ko).jpg

Kaneku Wasabi Powder (Wasabi Ko)
http://www.efooddepot.com/products/kaneku/373/Wasabi_Powder_(Wasabi_Ko).html

The hot mustard powder I got at the bigger asian store is deadly stuff..it's nearly a strong as the "wasabi" powder..IDK why, but it's leathal stuff. Very aromatic too...smells wonderful until ya add water...then smelling it can be risky...

S6305442.jpg

S6305444.jpg

paulky_2000 said:
A pound of dried mustard would last me 10 years!

It may at that..heheh.

Although, since ya use about equal parts powder and liquid, when you do make some it takes up a fair amount.

Oh, and that bag cost $2.99 at the Asian store. :cool:

I think I have gotten real wasabi paste at a local Asian food store. It doesn't look or taste like the stuff sold at the sushi joints. It has a different taste than them. I like it either way. Goes really good with seared tuna.

Back