Hot beer

Good news folks!

There's a local brewery here (Sierra Blanca Brewery) that is going to release a green chile beer in the next year.

It's going to be called Pancho Verde.

This is also the brewery that brings you "Alien Ale". A very nice hoppy, malty, ale that has a nice clean finish.

As soon as I see some, I'll buy a six-pack and do a review over in "The Buzz".

i've still yet to try any hot beer. i've seen rogue chipotle ale several times..but haven't brought myself to try it yet. though i have yet to try any, i think beer is one of the few things i prefer without heat.

xgrafcorex said:
i've still yet to try any hot beer. i've seen rogue chipotle ale several times..but haven't brought myself to try it yet. though i have yet to try any, i think beer is one of the few things i prefer without heat.

If you'll pardon the pun, I think I burned out on pepper beers pretty early on. Most were just a gimmick with no real thought to balancing the taste or for producing a good beer.

Rouge tempts me, though. Most of their beers are so solidly good, I would expect them to produce a good pepper beer.

I had the Rouge Chipotle Ale again recently and this time I dug it. The first time may not have been a good bottle and I thought it tasted ....burnt, but not very good. This time I really enjoyed it...glad someone brought it over!

I looooove my beer. It's what I usually drink with the hotstuff, but I would be willing to try a hot beer. To bad this brewer is a wee bit to far from Michigan.:D

As a German I have to say that I think: Beer should be beer and not mixed up with other stuff. Shame on all beermixers !!!

;)

i don't think there is anything wrong with being experimental with ingredients in beer...why place limitations on yourself? on the other hand, there are certainly good and bad candidates for additional ingredients. peppers i would say are somewhere in the grey area for people to decide on individually.

before i quit reading the ratebeer forums (due to them being moderated by people akin to heinrich himmler), i saw a post regarding someone made a chocolate habanero porter. (not a choc hab, but chocolate + orange hab), and it was supposedly really good - though somewhat spicy. they made it basically to cook with, i imagine that would reduce down to a killer sauce!

What's funny is most of my favorite beers are German beer recipes, BUT I'm willing to try ANY beer at least once. Even if it's with peppers in it. You never know how it is until you try. If anything it's an excuse for me to get a buzz anyways:lol::hell::lol:

BBQ-Phil said:
As a German I have to say that I think: Beer should be beer and not mixed up with other stuff. Shame on all beermixers !!!

:hell:

I would say shame on all beer mixes done poorly because Rogue Chocolate Stout? Yum!

Mill Street Brewery Coffee Porter? Yum!

BBQ-Phil said:

:hell:

That is because it is illegal in germany to use anything but water, grain, hops, and sugar to make beer. So they can't! I personally think that the best of anything will be found only through innovation and experimentation. To each their own!
Cheers.

ross said:
before i quit reading the ratebeer forums (due to them being moderated by people akin to heinrich himmler), i saw a post regarding someone made a chocolate habanero porter. (not a choc hab, but chocolate + orange hab), and it was supposedly really good - though somewhat spicy. they made it basically to cook with, i imagine that would reduce down to a killer sauce!

Sort of like a mole sauce with hops?

I could see that.

Here is a prescription for beer mixers.It´s called "Gaißenmaß"(without Hot Sauce) in Southgermany.

You need:
-Maßkrug(the glas for 1 Liter beer)
-Beer 0.5 Liter or more(for the best taste use german Spaten,Paulaner "Helles"):!:
-Coke(no Pepsi)
-Cherry-liqueur(not to much)
-Frostbite Hot Sauce:mouthonfire:

With this drink,i wasted my youth!:lol:

Frank said:
Here is a prescription for beer mixers.It´s called "Gaißenmaß"(without Hot Sauce) in Southgermany.

You need:
-Maßkrug(the glas for 1 Liter beer)
-Beer 0.5 Liter or more(for the best taste use german Spaten,Paulaner "Helles"):!:
-Coke(no Pepsi)
-Cherry-liqueur(not to much)
-Frostbite Hot Sauce:mouthonfire:

With this drink,i wasted my youth!:lol:

Could you use Optimator for this mixer?

The name pancho verde is the same as Rio Grande Brewing Company (Albuquerque N.M.)used on their green chile beer. Wonder if it is the same? If so it is a very good tasting beer. I'll buy at least a case of it.

Mick
Kato's

Pam said:
I would say shame on all beer mixes done poorly because Rogue Chocolate Stout? Yum!

Mill Street Brewery Coffee Porter? Yum!

Rogue Chocolate Stout.....NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOOD!!!!!!

rabbit said:
Rogue Chocolate Stout.....NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOOD!!!!!!

It is wonderful. I am also a fan of Yeti Imperial stout. They have an "Oak aged" version which would not sit well with purists. It is delicious at first sip, but you can't drink 2 of them!
I actually brewed a really good chocolate stout 6-7 months ago. I actually used (Germans cover your eyes) a couple of hershey's kisses in it! Very unorthodox, but it worked great.

Back