• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Hot Cookies?

I was thinking today that I don't think I have ever seen any spicy or hot cookies. Since this is the holidays, do any of you guys have a recipe for some hot or spicy sweet cookies?

Thanks.

I've never tried to make my cookies HOT but some good pairings IMHO would be peanut butter with Thai chilies, a take off on satay. Chocolate with chili powder. Basic pizelle dough or flavored. I would be more likely to use powdered chilies although It might work with fresh. Lemon cookies with crushed red pepper flakes. Sugar and spice with anise and chiles for a sweet and hot flavor. HTH.

Thanks, the sugar and spice one sounds pretty good. What about habanero, do you know any good pairing with it?

I've never tried to make my cookies HOT but some good pairings IMHO would be peanut butter with Thai chilies, a take off on satay. Chocolate with chili powder. Basic pizelle dough or flavored. I would be more likely to use powdered chilies although It might work with fresh. Lemon cookies with crushed red pepper flakes. Sugar and spice with anise and chiles for a sweet and hot flavor. HTH.

Try thumbprint cookies, basic cookie dough, thumbprint in the middle, fill with hab jely instead of or in addition to the traditional, raspberry, apricot..

I haven't done hot cookies, but we do hot brownies from time to time. Probably pairing the right pepper(s) with any chocolate cookie recipe would work just as well. I like adding coriander and/or cinnamon, as well.

Gingerbread with datil powder.
Sugar cookies with candied hab pieces.
Oatmeal chiplotle.
Oreo copycats with bhut jolokia in the chocolate cookie, and the cream cools the tongue.
Chocolate chip with chips made with Caribbean Red powder.

OH...they all sound good. I may have to give some of them a try. How about Tepin/chocolate chip cookies. Damn it, why do I have to be at work at the moment? :lol:

Sweet and spicy? Go for it!!! Hot chocolate cookies with tabasco powder. Chocolate cake with tabasco or hab powder. Candied peppers and of course the syrup left over from candying... ...oh that syrup with vanilla ice!

After viewing mel's link to her cookies that she made, which I remember now, I say go for it. Mel's really turned out well, even if she didn't offer to share. :lol:

What do ya'll think about spicy peanut brittle?

Spicy peanut brittle would be awesome - just like anything else, though, gotta make sure you marry the right pepper with the other ingredients to get a harmony of flavors....;)

Edit - And PF, where the heck did your colors go????? Geesh.....

After viewing mel's link to her cookies that she made, which I remember now, I say go for it. Mel's really turned out well, even if she didn't offer to share. :lol:

What do ya'll think about spicy peanut brittle?
I already mentioned peanut butter cookies so I'm down with that. Haven't made peanut brittle in a long time.

Back