food HOT dogs

As promised....food

10906196_10203150351184020_2374419348518208190_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
#twinsies

No, you and sic will never be twinsies. In spite of his scruffy exterior and bouts of anger, inside he's got a heart of gold. I am sure he'd give the proverbial shirt off his back to anyone. When others post food pics, even not-so-good-looking pics, he's there giving kudos to the effort. I've never seen him photo-bomb someone else's post and completely disregard that post - if he does post immediately after, he always has something nice or humorous to say about the other's dish. On the other hand, you routinely photo-bomb right after someone else's dish and completely ignore their post. So yes, I started re-posting that other person's dish to ensure their post got some attention without saying anything about your dish, trying to give a subtle hint your way - to give you a dose of your own medicine and hope you'd pick up on the idea that it's nice to at least mention the dish above. Would it really hurt your ego to spread some love or at least wait until a few people weigh in on the other dish before posting your own? It's discouraging for young and inexperienced cooks to post something that gets entirely ignored. You're not going to like every dish posted, and that's not expected, but could you at least give praise to the effort - especially when someone is new to cooking or the site or has created a dish that's new for them?

And yes, nice chili dogs there - that's exactly how I like them, too.

geeme said:

No, you and sic will never be twinsies. In spite of his scruffy exterior and bouts of anger, inside he's got a heart of gold. I am sure he'd give the proverbial shirt off his back to anyone. When others post food pics, even not-so-good-looking pics, he's there giving kudos to the effort. I've never seen him photo-bomb someone else's post and completely disregard that post - if he does post immediately after, he always has something nice or humorous to say about the other's dish. On the other hand, you routinely photo-bomb right after someone else's dish and completely ignore their post. So yes, I started re-posting that other person's dish to ensure their post got some attention without saying anything about your dish, trying to give a subtle hint your way - to give you a dose of your own medicine and hope you'd pick up on the idea that it's nice to at least mention the dish above. Would it really hurt your ego to spread some love or at least wait until a few people weigh in on the other dish before posting your own? It's discouraging for young and inexperienced cooks to post something that gets entirely ignored. You're not going to like every dish posted, and that's not expected, but could you at least give praise to the effort - especially when someone is new to cooking or the site or has created a dish that's new for them?

And yes, nice chili dogs there - that's exactly how I like them, too.
nm, not worth my time BP for life!

BLACK-PEPPER1.jpg

No onions?  And beans in the chili?  Blasphemy!

I love teh chili.  Love it long time.  Also love beans in mah chili.  The kind that goes in bowls!  Chili for dogs must not have beans, must be a teeny bit sweet and then hot, and most of all needs be thick enough to not roll off the dog when yer biting down.  

Kudos for finely shredded cheddar though. :)  

SmokenFire said:
No onions?  And beans in the chili?  Blasphemy!

I love teh chili.  Love it long time.  Also love beans in mah chili.  The kind that goes in bowls!  Chili for dogs must not have beans, must be a teeny bit sweet and then hot, and most of all needs be thick enough to not roll off the dog when yer biting down.  

Kudos for finely shredded cheddar though. :)
I had already eaten too many bowls and just needed to get the last bit eaten. The details of the chili are in my cooking thread :) I used a spoon to smash it down and only had a single piece fall off and it went perfect with DFH 90 mins. I almost added onions but Pookie was tired of my red onion posts  :tear:

FreeportBum said:
I asked my GF if she would like to take a vacation sometime to Australia, she asked why. I said to go try this dudes bbq/food he keeps posting on the hot pepper website..haha  :cheers:
Haha perfect! I did the same thing years ago, this site wa one of the things that got me so interested in food

I think of Australian food like American food, there is no defined food, it's a big melting pot, which makes it awesome. They seem to cook and eat like we do but most times do it much better!!!! Haha! True!

I know other countries are melting pots too, but most have a defined cuisine that is known to other countries, is what I am saying. Y'all are more like us. I want to go over there too! I mean down there. :)

Summed it up perfectly THP. We don't really have a cuisine at all, I think personally, you can walk down any street/suburb and find an array of food.

There are a few modern Australian restaurant serving meals with our meat and spices etc but still majority are a mix

atrau?

Booma said:
There are a few modern Australian restaurant serving meals with our meat and spices etc but still majority are a mix
Yeah there is a cuisine here called "New American" that is basically the same thing. It's American classics like burgers and stuff done upscale along with new dishes the chef creates.

Spinach and cheese stuffed chicken and pork sausage. lots of relish and some extra extra sharp cheese on a piece of white bread makes me a happy boy. Served on reguar plate,only because we are out of paper plates. We use paper plates and plastic ware all the time because the two of us have better things to do than wash dishes all day. Dig this:

I am digging that sic!  The spinach gives it that touch of class, and the white bread takes it over the top :)

Back