• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Hot-N-Heavy 2010

Here it comes!!

Paul's freezer has reached capacity........so it MUST be time to can some peppers!!! :dance:

This year, I grew 5 orange habanero plants and 3 cayennes. I've mainly been dehydrating my habaneros for powder...like this:

100_2179.jpg

But, I did manage to stuff some of the little beauties into gallon-size freezer bags......along with the cayennes:

100_2183.jpg

Sooooooooo.....whithout any further delay......let the mayhem commence!

100_2184.jpg

Into the SS sink we go for de-stemming. Just look at those little beauties!!

100_2186.jpg

YESSSSSSS.......396 orange rectal bombs.......and they're ALL MINE!!!

How do I know there are 396?

100_2187.jpg

Because I COUNTED them!!!

100_2189.jpg

Here's a gratuitous shot of my 60's model Waring blender and ANOTHER 100 habs drying in the RONCO:

100_2190.jpg

to be continued....

Ya think anyone would watch? :lol:

Yes, and here's the pilot episode-

ENJOY!
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/13089-the-hot-sauce-odysseyphotos/page__p__262369__hl__odyssey__fromsearch__1#entry262369

xoxo~

(ps- that's just to get CA, DD, MM, DR, TP, XTC, TLC and the rest of the gang up to speed~ ;) )

That apron is as hot as the sauce ;)

Well, megamoo, ya done good to at least try to search for the thread.

Psst-ya gotta be careful with the rest of the comments. ;) :lol:

Dude, you have inspired my creativity to jump into the Genius Level. I’m going to have to create a Beer based hot sauce now. I can see this project requiring a lot of research though and to start I think I’m going to need some

a8a2d2d6.jpg

And some

FrostBite.jpg

To get the fiery beer flavor thought process going a n d maybe a microwave burrito or 2 also.

+100 on this thread. very funny. very helpful. Do you use puree just like you would use hot sauce?

I do, yes. It's much more about the pepper taste and is great for topping things. But...it also makes a killer ingredient in stews and chilli!

Dude, you have inspired my creativity to jump into the Genius Level. I’m going to have to create a Beer based hot sauce now. I can see this project requiring a lot of research though and to start I think I’m going to need some

a8a2d2d6.jpg

And some

FrostBite.jpg

To get the fiery beer flavor thought process going a n d maybe a microwave burrito or 2 also.

Keep me posted on your progress. I'll expect a daily report and a sample. :beer:

Back