• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hot wing funny

So I went to this hot wing place and I asked for the hottest hot wings they had. The guy looked surprised and asked if I was sure. I was like yea and then asked what they made it with and he was said I can't tell you (they called it Nuclear wings). So anyway When I got my wings I seen that it was a wing in sauce and then some powder on it. I ate them and was very disappointed that they weren't hot at all. When the guy came he asked if they were hot and when I told him no he told me that was a hot sauce and Cajun spice. I then told him if he called that hot he had to be joking. The manager heard us talking and came out. I ask if I could make some sauce and bring it in to show them what real hot wings should be like (if they want to call them Nuclear Wings). So should I be nice and use Bhut Jolokia or should I just go straight to Trinidad Scorpions. Oh and also Im thinking I am going to make a video of this it should be great.

I was think of doing 3 sauces. I made some really good sauce using a few different peppers and pineapple. then I was going to do one with tomato and some Bhut and maybe a few TS just to kick up the heat and then one with just peppers just to get a kick out of it. ( I will be nice and tell them what's what.

I have made many wing sauces, and I will caution you with the pineapple unless you are making a teriyaki kind of sauce. For me they never go right with wings.l

ok well I will make sure I do lots of test before I go in then and I will keep that in mind. I know I just the one I made I just put a few whole peppers mushrooms onions pineapple garlic salt and then a little vinegar and water and it came out real nice. I used it all up that night but used it on some chicken breast and it was great. but I am new to making sauce so maybe it was beginners luck on that batch lol

Wing sauce is all about the consistency. It has to be thick enough to stick to the wings. That is why a lot of people put butter in their sauce. A hot sauce and a wing sauce are not the same thing. It may taste great, but if it doesn't stick to the wings it is a waste. Keep us posted and good luck.

Make a sauce with good flavor and try adding a few "drops" to it. I've been dying to have someone do that.
SL

SL, you're gonna love this, I made some frozen chicken nuggets today and added 7 drops to a pack of McD's Sweet n' Sour Sauce. It was weird. It still tasted like sweet n sour, but with heat. Cool. Still waiting for your reply...

SL, you're gonna love this, I made some frozen chicken nuggets today and added 7 drops to a pack of McD's Sweet n' Sour Sauce. It was weird. It still tasted like sweet n sour, but with heat. Cool. Still waiting for your reply...

GOOD for the S&S sauce, but I posted back to you @ 5:00 my time. Did it show up?

invite friend that like the big heat to eat these samples so they know people are interested and you aren't just a guy with an iron stomach.

If you have any powder try adding that to one of their sauces. Use a sauce that's fairly mild and let the manager and powers that be watch you put the powder in the sauce. Just enough sauce to cover half a dozen wings with a good helping of powder. Have them cook and coat the wings like normal with the powdered sauce then let them eat. They'll get the message real fast.

Back