• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat hottest pepper???

what pepper is the hottest you have ever eaten???
what is the most flavorful???
what is the best to make a salsa with???

~the world may never know~

unless you tell us :hell:

Hottest would be the Scorpion, most flavourful for me is the Fatalii and the best for salsa Serrano. My two dead soldiers.

ya ive heard that scorps are pretty hot ive heard the hottest is the naga morich most flavorful is the red carribean and the best for salsa is cayenne

what pepper is the hottest you have ever eaten???
what is the most flavorful???
what is the best to make a salsa with???

~the world may never know~

unless you tell us :hell:

Don't trust anything you see outside this forum when it comes to chilli.
The hottest chilli in the world IS the "Butch Taylor Trinidad Scorpion" aka ButchT Scorpion.
The Naga Viper is a crappy attempt at making money, and the only people buying into it and making the effort profitable is the people who aren't educated. Please, don't get me started on this issue - you want a hot pepper? It's already in nature - we just had to find it.

Hottest I've ever eaten? The butchT scorpion (dried). It was scorching, can't wait to try a fresh one next season!
I love the flavours of yellow peppers. Yellow is my favourite colour too so go figure. Yellow habaneros, fitali, yellow cayenne.... Love the yellow notes. I want to try yellow naga's and scorps one day :)
Salsa? I'm going to assume a red annum variety. I love citrus salsa's though so yellow cayenne combined with some hotter yellow/orange peppers - put a dab of turmeric in it too to enhance that awesome yellow colour.

It's all about passion and flavour. Believe me a habanero will give you a kick for a while so start low and work your way up to the hotter peppers as there's no way of preparing for them, improving your tolerance to habanero level will make it a little easier.

Hottest: Trinidad Scorpion ButchT
Most Flavorful: Fatalii
Best Salsa: either Green JalapeƱo or green Caribbean Red. salsa verde FTW.

haha thanks guys ya i just started getting into chilis so ya i dont knwo much and ya im trying to get a hold of some hot peppers i want something that is a challenge to grow maybe a wild or something idk but ya i am really getting into it haha i should rename this "favorite chilli facts" haha thanks again guys!

hottest would have to be 7pod brown or butch t scorp. flavorful maybe bonda ma jaques or burkina. for salsas i love chocolate habanero but there's a million ways to go with salsa.

Easiest most probably the Tabasco or Orange Hab, Goats Weed too. Hardest would be some of the wilds AFAIK.

Back