• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How do you raise your peppers?

How do you raise your peppers?

• Raised Beds

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Pots

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • In the gorund

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
Same. This year I'm going about half in the ground and half in pots, and I'm debating making a raised bed in my front yard for some flowers and a few overflow peppers I have.

I use containers exclusively for peppers...my raised bed is reserved for my tomatos...

I like the pots because 1) you don't have to dig up the yard 2) I can keep them away from pests 3) It's nice to be able to bring in your best plants for the winter.

First Year for Pot's in Rasied Beds, for all the reason's BigT quoted. It will be cool to over winter my best producers and see how they do the next year...

If I had the option in the beginning I probably would have put them in the ground. Zone 10 thinking. In retrospect, with the hurricane season fast approaching I'm glad I'm in pots. Containers that can be moved out of the way = greater flexibility, IMO.

joeknowsjolokia said:
I do it multiple ways. This pole only allows one option.

Skydiver said:
Same. This year I'm going about half in the ground and half in pots, and I'm debating making a raised bed in my front yard for some flowers and a few overflow peppers I have.

Seconded. I raise them in pots, in the ground and in raised beds so I voted "other".

Always in pots because of the UK weather, I can't be doing with putting them in the crappy soil in my garden and then worrying about the weather.

I'm growing in pots and raised beds. There are a few that I want to overwinter and I wouldn't mind seeing how each method works out for me.

All of the above with the other being hydroponics. Been growing off and on for like ten years and currently in a rut sort of. I've had better years elsewhere. Trying to find my favorite way this year and attempt to master it. Still working on it.

I see a lot of container growers here and am very impressed with their results. I gave up on containers last year, but am trying new mediums this year.

Pots. I anticipate moving this summer so...

In zone 9, I think I'm safe with in the ground, maybe a modified in ground raised up with grass boards or supm. Once we move that is...

This is my first year growing super hots (Naga Morich) and I'm doing two plants, one in a pot inside with a CFL bulb on a timer and one outside in a pot au naturale.

Both are grown at work. My outside pot is just outside the back door of the office, and my inside pot is adjacent to my desk with a big lamp over it.

So far the outside plant is a paler green but has shown much more upward growth and has more new leaves, the inside plant is a much darker green and has denser/compact growth but not as many new leaves.

Back