• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

How do you spice up your instant raman noodles

I use to eat these things like crazy but raw lol some mild pepper powder should do the trick get some smoked chipotle powder.

Wow this is funny, I have been trying the powder samples i got from joyners on my ramen.. i like the Caribbean hab mix best so far, i skip the spice packet and use some chicken broth in place of the water. I admit i do add just a pinch of hab infused salt too.

ramen,2 pieces of sliced cheese,lots of spice,blue cheese dressing,and worchizer. "spelling?"
That sounds so awefull it has to be good

I think I have mentioned this before but I want to start a restaurant called "the dorm". Basically it is cheap college student food. First you pick the main food: totinos pizza, Ramen, hotdog, macaroni. Then you choose your additions Your choices are chese, bacon, various hot dogs, various relishs and sauces, chiles, shrooms, groundhamburger, sliced meatballs, veggies etc. etc.

Then we cook it. Super cheap super good.

I eat way too much ramen, so I have several favorite tweaks - but I leave in the original spice packet for all of them.

Chicken Flavor Ramen: (always add in leftover chicken if there is any in the fridge)

One: add about 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter per packet, fish sauce to taste, and of course the chile powder of your choice. This is really good, it makes the dish feel a bit more hearty. Of course adding real food, like meat and veggies would make it more of an actual meal.

Another: Add coconut water in as a substitute for some or all of the water to boil the noodles, then add curry powder, and the chile powder of your choice. Makes it sort of like a thai curry.

Egg drop: Add an egg, some ginger powder, and chile powder or sauce of your choice. The egg absorbs lots of flavor so this one ends up a bit more bland unless you use a flavorful hot sauce or some soy sauce etc to liven it up.

Beef Flavor Ramen:(always add in leftover beef if there is any in the fridge)

Chile powder, black pepper, cumin,

I make a backpacking spaghetti with ramen noodles. the noodles cook up so much faster and with less heat than traditional spaghetti pasta.

I kind of like the little soup cups you just add water to of course there isn't anyway of getting rid of the seasoning because it's infused into the noodle block in the cup and to my surprise the sodium content is less than some of the more popular canned soups, as for what I add, I usually just pour in some hot sauce of which most store bought is also high in sodium I started making and using home made habanero sauce.

This is how they do it in da hood. Just crunch up the noodles in the bag, tear off a corner, add the seasoning packet, hold the torn corner and shake it up. Wash it down wit da beer you put in your other pocket and it's breakfast.

that sounds good, helltaco, but I gotta ask...

how the heck do you tear a "corner" off the package after scrunching it all up, extract the spice packet, tear the corner off that, dump the spices with the little corner off back into the bigger bag with the slightly larger corner torn off... and do all that with a HangoverFromHell..... which is the only time a person would be attempting to eat something like that!!!!

:rofl:

Hay, Lady. Chu sounds like my kinda babe, but where I come from chicas don't laugh at me. If your thinking 'bouts those high class "Cup a Noodles" they don't fit in your pocket on the way out of the liquor store.

not laughing at you ~taco.... I'm laughing at the situation of a person trying to extract the packet, tear corners, etc. I'd like to have a hidden camera watching that. And you're right about the cup-o-soups not fitting into a pocket.
it's all good~ :cool:

Chu cud puts a camera in my room an I put one in your room.

Not a chance!
4df4cd66.jpg

Moving on~

.....and JayT, you're smart enough to avoid it. xoxo

"newbies"! :rolleyes:

ps- hope helltaco knows it's all in good fun and doesn't get his knickers all twisted up.

you got that right~ :cool:

I can't believe that I haven't had ramen since starting college. Not sure whether to be happy or sad about that?

Back