• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How many of you like your Coffee BLACK???

How do you take your coffee?

• Black

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Cream Only

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sugar Only

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Cream and Sugar

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
I buy beans direct from a local roaster and will drink latte or short black (espresso), probably more of the short blacks. Bought some civet coffee last month in Bali, $28 for 100g (app. 10 cups):
581772_10151355710828873_562415832_n.jpg

577323_10151355710988873_1362297230_n.jpg

66612_10151355711098873_1191921584_n.jpg

537542_10151355711153873_1433598942_n.jpg

392965_10151355711218873_1695278472_n.jpg

150096_10201032628396847_1849803336_n.jpg

I drink Folgers Columbian (machine) when it's cold outside.

In Vegas heat I make my own ice coffee, F@ck Starbucks.

For the ice coffe I like "Nescafe" with a lil bit evaporated milk, and coconut cream and some splenda and of course some water and run the blender on the highest setting.

I sometimes add pure sugar cane alcohol. Dang I think I'm gona make one right now.....

, Vegas

No sir RocketMan we dont get any free coffee here except the occasional time when a customer brings in a few pound bags of roasted and the boss lets us have some if we want it. The 500,000 sacks of green coffee are just stored here. ;)
I buy my coffee at Costco. lol

Although I do drink medium roast coffee black on occasion I prefer a nice dark roast coffee with a splash of whole milk and half a teaspoon of raw sugar. I'm lucky enough to live 2 minutes away from a coffee shop that does in-house roasting so their coffee is as fresh as can be.

I'm not a big coffee fan, so whatever coffee is fine.

coffee is coffee right?

It all depends on what you like my friend. Some people are content with Folgers, Maxwell House or many of the other big supermarket brands while others prefer a higher quality coffee, myself included. I know what beans are in those cheaper coffees and they are low quality with many consisting of a lot of Vietnam beans for filler which are the worst coffee beans you can buy.
It's the same with beer though. Some are content to drink Budweiser or even Bud Light but to me that's not beer at all, it's yellow water with a slight beer taste. ;)

I love dark beer and whiskey, I drink at least a french press of coffee a day and break out the vac-pot on special occasions.
I used to use a pyrex percolater I got at a garage sale for $1.50(I don't like auto-drip because of all the plastics involved) and had to add lots of honey to combat the bitterness but it took way too long so i started using a french press and found the flavor to be superior if done properly, with little bitterness but it wasn't consistent enough.

After a while I got tired of all the "mud" in my cup and invested in a nice hand mill that produces consistent ground size and Hario vacuum brewer. It turned coffee from just a drink to an almost erotic, full sensory experience. It produces an ultra clear, sweet, red amber liquid that tastes exactly how the beans smell and sometimes even better(which I never quite thought possible). Having it any way other than black is almost a sin.

I got a really nice electric kettle for my birthday with tea and french press settings; it's taken a lot of the temperature inconsistency out of it, and has shortened my total brew time to about 10 minutes or less. Coupled with the hand grinder it dramatically changed the french press and now I use it as my daily workhorse and only break out the Hario for special occasions or when I have time to clean it immediately after. Plus the cloth filters can get pretty expensive but it's pretty versatile and if done properly can brew an espresso like coffee. Part of it's magic is no two cups taste alike and the flavor changes throughout cooling.

I get my beans from either TJMaxx or costco, and depending on my mood and time of day switch between Jamaican, Columbian, and Sumatran.

I can't vote so I'll reply here.

I drink mine black, but will on rare occasions add a splash of milk if it's too warm to drink. I buy whole beans from the supermarket. Lately I've been buying the JustUs! brand, either the Colombian or Espresso varieties. I'm quite particular on flavor and some brands will give me heartburn so I don't tend to experiment a whole lot.

Back