• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How many yrs have you been growing hot peppers?

Hello everybody! Short and simple! I just want to know how long everybody has been growing hot peppers? This is my first yr growing :) Whether you have been growing 10yrs or it's your first, I wish you all the best of luck!!!:)

I haven't started yet :shocked:
Gardening and horticulture have been my hobbies for a long time,
but mostly more ambitious last 8 years. I'm just liking having
something new to focus on in those areas.

TPBM has been growing hots for at least three years.

This is my third year. Started with Scotch Bonnets on the windowsill. Last year I put more effort in and tried the superhots. This year's gonna have a lot of milder varieties and a couple I hear good things about.

Its my 6th year this year ....am trying many different varieties from my friends world wide on here . Some great people have snt some pretty amazing seeds for me to try this season . Scotch bonnets and habs were my first hotties lol ....but now its total super hot addiction for me . Respect to all you chilli growers out there .

I didn't grow every year. I started gardening when I was a kid. I think I was about 12 when I started growing jalapenos. Since then it has been on and off. I became much more serious last year. This is my first year starting my plants indoors though. I just sowed seeds outside before.

Edit: First year with superhots. Wish me luck!

on and off since I was about 10-11...but dead set on it for the past 14-15

2nd year but last year it was 1 red hab on the back portch. HaHa the back portch will be loaded this year!

I've had peppers in the garden since the early '80's...but its my first year growing all these crazy varieties. I grew up with the standard Jalapeno, Cayenne, Bell and Anaheims...

This will be year 3 first year. Each year has gotten a little better than the last. This is my second season growin sone super hots

C. annuum--these I've been growing on and off for a long time--30+ years. C. chinense--well, apart from a habanero that I had once, this is my first year with these guys (and man, are they ever a different beast from C. annuum!)

Back