• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Weather is settling in Sydney too. Looks like those 38c heat waves have passed, winds are regulated and as such Ive moved some of my seedlings outside!

Andy21 said:
Hey gas how's it going? Where you from? You got many plants on the go? We've finally got some good weather here!

Hey mate, Brissy boy here. :D Not much happening in the way of plants ATM... just been too busy this year! Got a handful of plants I started in autumn going but all suffering from a bad case of the neglects ATM. Looking to make some time this week to get stuck into some pot-ups and hopefully start another handful of plants but we'll see what happens. Believe it or not, with the fruit fly just around the corner, spring is the absolute worst time to start here. I want autumn/winter back! :(

gasificada said:
So this is where all the Aussies hang out now... bloody Perth! Ridonkulous! :P

Hey Gas u actually still with us mate?
Thought maybe a big badass chilli might have taken you hostage or something :P
Hope you have got lots of Chilli happening and everything is going well for ya!

Micca

Micca302 said:

Hey Gas u actually still with us mate?
Thought maybe a big badass chilli might have taken you hostage or something :P
Hope you have got lots of Chilli happening and everything is going well for ya!

Micca

Micca, mate, how the heck are ya? Yeah, haven't been around these parts in AGES! The garden is looking like absolute crap ATM, just been way too busy. Literally months behind in pot-ups and rocking a record small grow list this season, it's not going to be a spectacular one or anything ;)

How are things over there? Season kicking into gear I hope!

Also, still have those CGN 21566 seeds for ya if you still keen? Sorry, mate, I just got totally sidetracked. You can hand me the "king of the slackasses" crown now....... :oops:

Hey Gasasuarus,
Been pretty hectic over here too mate.
I ran behind too this year and went up exmouth fishing when I should have been planting. Had a blast, got sharked alot and drunk alot of that sweet nectar.
Now I am trying to catch up but managed to stuff my back up on Sat so now having to rest it and take things easy.
I'm still keen on those CGN seeds thanks but won't do anything till next season now so no rush.
I think I need a pigmy tribe or something to help out in my garden this year. Some of the weeds are getting as big as me!
We are finally getting some nice warm weather here too so the season is just starting to kick in.
Good luck with what you have got growing mate and have a great season.
Micca

Micca302 said:
Hey Gasasuarus,
Been pretty hectic over here too mate.
I ran behind too this year and went up exmouth fishing when I should have been planting. Had a blast, got sharked alot and drunk alot of that sweet nectar.
Now I am trying to catch up but managed to stuff my back up on Sat so now having to rest it and take things easy.
I'm still keen on those CGN seeds thanks but won't do anything till next season now so no rush.
I think I need a pigmy tribe or something to help out in my garden this year. Some of the weeds are getting as big as me!
We are finally getting some nice warm weather here too so the season is just starting to kick in.
Good luck with what you have got growing mate and have a great season.
Micca

It's only getting warm now?? I'm jealous! We had a milder than usual "cool season" here and then smack bang straight into record heat at the start of spring. I missed winter this year :(

Cool bananas, I'll whack the seeds in the post this week. Just hope they're not too old and dead now! Sucks that I never managed to isolate any seeds. Depending on how many seeds I have left, might try and get another one going this season (if I have enough to send you yours and keep one or two) and have another burl at isolating it so I can send you some fresh seeds too.

Sucks too about your back! That's sure not gonna make gardening an enjoyable experience!

We had a mild cool season in WA but then it got really wet and cold toward the end of the cool season to more than make up for it.

My sticks are still very slow on the comeback and my seedlings have stalled out a bit. Hoping the warm weather gives them a boost this week.

Hey mate keep the CGN seeds and get some going. I'll grab some isolated seed next season if thats cool.
I have run out of time over here this season anyway so go for it.

Yeah we are finally warming up over here. Not much of a spring though, was low 20's now it's suppose to be something like 35Deg.C on Wed!
Are you still keen on these AVDRC seeds I was talking about? Send through your address and will send some off to you.
How old are the CGN seeds? I just managed to get some very good germination out of 13 year old  AVDRC seeds so if kept well looks like they last for a while.

Gotta see the Doc today about my back. i know what he is going to say anyway, no heavy lifting, back bending etc. All the things I need to do now!

Micca

Micca,

Are those "seasoning" seeds of yours quite slow growers? I've got a seedling going and it's half the size of some of the habs of the same age.

Mike
Guys - need some advice on pruning of sticks.

Thehippyseedco said at some point, on their facebook page, that you should prune back to just above the highest new growth. Well, I have a couple of C. Annuum plants with the highest new growth about 2cms off the ground. Seems disappointing to cut away so much trunk.....

In other news, my purple capsicum looks to have joined my Jalapeno and carked it after one season. That's a 100% attrition rate for plants grown from Bunnings seedlings.. hmmmmmm.

Hey Mike,

With the Seasoning Pepper a friend of mine grew it last season so i'm not too sure how slow it grew.
The ones i have going this season do seem to be slow but in the last few days have they have been going well with the warmth kicking in.
My mate did tell me that the plant grew very large and he got a whole heap of Chilli off it. The plant also survived the winter and is growing back.
Hopefully they will start to take off soon for you.

Maybe with your sticks just leave a bit more stem on if it is green and see if new shoots come out?
Not really too sure with that one.

Micca

Hey Gas I thought you were gone.  I've been gone for a month but its the off season :P

The long drawn out cold weather messed up all my chilli planting plans, plus my hydro tray and greenhouse failed.  Getting hard to find time for chillies at the moment.

Finally the chinenses are getting some sun and with the help of some seasol and powerfeed they are looking good.  In a week or so they'll be ready to go into the ground.  I'll put some pics in my glog in a moment.  Have to start my annuum seeds now or it'll be too late.

I have about six survivors from last season that got zero attention through winter and they are starting to get some leaves too.  One looked completely dead so I pruned it back to just a stick with no growth at all and kept feeding it the weak seasol and powerfeed with the others and now its sprouting again :)

I think it helps if you trim and rough up the root ball, as well as prune back the leaves, to stimulate the roots to grow.  I haven't done that and they are growing really slow.  At least they are growing.

megamoo said:
Hey Gas I thought you were gone.  I've been gone for a month but its the off season :P

The long drawn out cold weather messed up all my chilli planting plans, plus my hydro tray and greenhouse failed.  Getting hard to find time for chillies at the moment.

Finally the chinenses are getting some sun and with the help of some seasol and powerfeed they are looking good.  In a week or so they'll be ready to go into the ground.  I'll put some pics in my glog in a moment.  Have to start my annuum seeds now or it'll be too late.

I have about six survivors from last season that got zero attention through winter and they are starting to get some leaves too.  One looked completely dead so I pruned it back to just a stick with no growth at all and kept feeding it the weak seasol and powerfeed with the others and now its sprouting again :)

I think it helps if you trim and rough up the root ball, as well as prune back the leaves, to stimulate the roots to grow.  I haven't done that and they are growing really slow.  At least they are growing.

I was about to PM you to see how your plants were doing. Haven't heard or seen from you in your glogs in a while!

Went down to Masters on the weekend.
I was pretty surprised to see some excellent Chilli seedlings that the Chilli Factory are doing.
They have 20 varieties on offer ranging from the normal thai's etc to the superhots like Bhut, TS and even a Cardi TS Yellow.
So for anyone that missed getting seeds in or just too lazy, at 5 bucks each you can't go wrong.
I think Wildfire Chilli will have theirs coming out at bunnings in November too.

Man 33Deg.C today, 35 tomorrow.......................Wooohoooo gotta love it :P  Bring it on baby!!!

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Micca302 said:
Went down to Masters on the weekend.
I was pretty surprised to see some excellent Chilli seedlings that the Chilli Factory are doing.
They have 20 varieties on offer ranging from the normal thai's etc to the superhots like Bhut, TS and even a Cardi TS Yellow.
So for anyone that missed getting seeds in or just too lazy, at 5 bucks each you can't go wrong.
I think Wildfire Chilli will have theirs coming out at bunnings in November too.

Man 33Deg.C today, 35 tomorrow.......................Wooohoooo gotta love it :P  Bring it on baby!!!

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

A couple weeks ago those plants were $3.50 each, they jacked the price up the second time I went around.

Yeah not too sure what the go is with that.
It said $4.95ea but i'm sure it was only 3 bucks on my receipt.
As long as they don't go over 5 bucks it is still worth it. Specially for the superhots.

Micca

Micca302 said:
Yeah not too sure what the go is with that.
It said $4.95ea but i'm sure it was only 3 bucks on my receipt.
As long as they don't go over 5 bucks it is still worth it. Specially for the superhots.

Micca

If you did pay $3.50 for your plants, could you PM me a copy of your receipt, I need to get a couple of other plants but don't feel I should overpay considering I bought them for $3.50 not long ago! I spoke to the rep online and he suggested if I can show them something showing the price I payed(I don't have my receipt) then I should be able to get the price since none of the plants are labelled at the shop near me.

Back