How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Super David said:
Peach Ghost Scorpion City
P1040805_zpsf48bec7d.jpg

Cool pic David - are the peach variety tasty? 

Howdy,
Well this season I decided to get right down to the roots(so to speak) of growing a healthy plant.
I had a friend up in Gingin tell me once that you don’t need all this pest and disease control if you set the building blocks for the plant right first. If you have a healthy plant it will have a natural disease and pest resistance and therefore reduce or cancel out the need for pesticides etc.
Now Marc(sandgroper on here) is his name and he is an ol farmer from way back. He had the best garden I have ever seen and decided to take advice from this.

Anyway after a bit of a trial last season I fully got into it this time. I have started off with using a root fungus called Mycorrhizal Fungus and also some Silica.
Both have been mixed into the water(water left to stand for 24hrs before adding silica, mycozzy) and this is the results I have been getting so far.

mb1hq9.jpg

33c63v6.jpg

Now remember these are only seedlings around 15cm high.

I can’t believe these things are trying to flower too! They are really outgrowing my grow box quickly.

2s15g6h.jpg

2edwbpk.jpg

Now this is what I like to see!!!!!

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Micca those seedlings look fantastic. Where did you get the mycorrizhae in Aus? I've read a bit about I'd and I'm interested in using it with my seedlings that are still in jiffy pellets.

Hi Somatic,

The Mycozzy stuff came from a Hydroponic Shop.
The one I trialled last season was Nutrilife Platform that I got from Ebay.
This one this season is exactly the same but a WA made one(forget the name). It comes as a white powder and I mix it with my watering mix. Just remember to let the water stand for 24hrs before adding it.

Micca

Well this Winter has been very interesting.
For some reason a few of my raised bed Chilli's have been producing right thru :cool: . Usually u do get the normal like Cayenne, Jalapeno etc to go right thru but not Chinenses specially ones like Brain Strains, Jonahs, Primo's.
For the first time I haven't cut back a few because they have been thriving,
Like this

vzvj7t.jpg

Jamaican Scotch Bonnet

Getting ready to transition a few new ones to outside
24zgolf.jpg

Hope everyone's starting and going well.

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Micca302 said:
Howdy,
Well this season I decided to get right down to the roots(so to speak) of growing a healthy plant.
I had a friend up in Gingin tell me once that you don’t need all this pest and disease control if you set the building blocks for the plant right first. If you have a healthy plant it will have a natural disease and pest resistance and therefore reduce or cancel out the need for pesticides etc.
Now Marc(sandgroper on here) is his name and he is an ol farmer from way back. He had the best garden I have ever seen and decided to take advice from this.

Anyway after a bit of a trial last season I fully got into it this time. I have started off with using a root fungus called Mycorrhizal Fungus and also some Silica.
Both have been mixed into the water(water left to stand for 24hrs before adding silica, mycozzy) and this is the results I have been getting so far.

I also follow the paradigm of start healthy/end healthy, and attribute current problems to the situation I have created for the plants. There is a lot of interesting reading in that regard, especially around plant frequencies. The jist of the theory is, that all creatures, plant or animal, emit a frequency based upon their vigor, health, genetics, etc. Pests respond to these frequencies, pathogens are able to gain a foothold, and the predation removes the weakest from the gene pool.

A Pest Starves on a Healthy Plant

Posted a few links on mycorrhizae in the AACT thread as well, if you're looking for some interesting lit.

Hey Miguelovic thanks for the link. I will have to have a read when I get time.
Looks like you are right into the basics of growing a healthy plant. I really hadn't got into the basics before but after having a few really bad seasons I started trying to find out why.
I will have to see how they go when they go outside and exposed to the elements but so far they have been REAL impressive.
How is your season going Mate? Hope you are getting some fruit :P

Micca

Slowly but surely.

Not-TMS from Pepperjoe ( :doh: The first of many newbie mistakes hehe)
Aug22_0007.jpg

My plants are in May/June, but the calender is in August :rofl:

If only I haden't lost my flux capacitor...

Yeah seasons are all over the place these days Mate.
Looks like you are having fun at least. I see lots of nice looking pods on that not-TMS :cool:

Micca

Looking good on my end so far.

Micca, I lost my Jays Peachy Ghosts during the move, so started 6 after I was settled and all popped. All are looking healthy so far. Can't wait to try one :D

Shurbryn said:
Looking good on my end so far.

Micca, I lost my Jays Peachy Ghosts during the move, so started 6 after I was settled and all popped. All are looking healthy so far. Can't wait to try one :D

Great to hear you are having good germination with the Peachy Ghost Scorp :cool:
I hope you get some Gnarly ones Mate!

Micca

Troll said:
haven't started this season i live in duncraig Western Australia only got plants from last season so far 

Howdy Mate, nice to have you on board.
Well it's good ol Spring time(doesn't feel much like it!) and the official start to the season :woohoo:
Have fun and hope you have a good season

Micca

Super David said:
Is this the same plant as the one on the right that you mentioned back in the following post?
Super David said:
The one on the left is an aji Panca that sprouted out of a pod that must have fallen into the expanded clay last season, I didn't have the heart to pull it out.  The one on the right is the Rocoto Aji Largo.
I might chop the Panca a bit..its easily out growing the Largo and its younger.  I guess the Largo might be enjoying a bit of shade that it gets from the Panca..As far as I've seen anything Rocoto or Aji likes a bit less sun.
P1040167_zps8948a719.jpg
How long is a typical fruit?

Back